AussieNinja159

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

That's good timing I guess.

Just randomly received an email from EA saying thank you for redeeming an Origin Access Membership Code :dontknow:

ID:    ausduckz
Membership Plan:    Origin Access Premier Membership - Non-recurring 1 Month

Triple checked it wasn't a phishing email (though I didn't need to click on any of the links inside the email anyway).

Opened up Origin, and my account name in the bottom left corner has the Premier logo there again now.

Downloading Fallen Order and NFS Heat. Thanks EA :good:

EDIT: Turns out it was some sort of promo by EA. Anyone that had 2FA enabled on their account before October 31 will get a similar email and receive one month free Origin Access;

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/account/login-verification-and-origin-access/

Edited by Duckz

Oh man. I think I had that turned on briefly, but because Origin keeps logging out on my computer and not logging back in automatically I turned it off again. I'll try it once more for security reasons and see if it works.

completed it over the weekend

really enjoyed the game and would recommend

lack of auto travel was painful at times as you have to go back over the maps several times as you power up to get all the hidden crates ect so a lot of time wasted running around particularly on Dathomir and the maps are pretty big

there is no planned dlc from what i have read so longevity after initial play through is limited.

Stayed up all night to finish it. Wow, an amazing SW game. Up there with the Jedi Knight series in my books.

Story was good. Locations were amazing. All the puzzles and climbing works well to break up combat in between. Can't believe how fluid it was fighting multiple enemies and seemingly switching to the one hitting you first, even from behind. Really well done.

In the end, 18 hours to finish the story, minus probably 2 because I kept bashing my head at Jedi Knight difficulty and didn't have the patience or interest to sit and time attacks perfectly. Just blasted through on story mode instead and enjoyed it a lot more.

4 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

Crikey you two. I'm still only just getting off-world.

The frog boss really fucked up your progress hey?

Edited by Penchamus

2 hours ago, Penchamus said:

The frog boss really fucked up your progress hey?

When it showed up later in the game again, I had PTSD flashbacks....this isn't a laughing matter, Pench! :P

14 hours ago, Phobos said:

When it showed up later in the game again, I had PTSD flashbacks....this isn't a laughing matter, Pench! :P

I forgot about that!! 😂

I also heard you can get the double sabre in a more story way rather than doing to Dathomir and finding the table early on like I did. I can't imagine not getting it as early as possible though. It is way too satisfying to use. Hardly ever switched to single mode.

Keen to try it fresh again on the hardest difficulty now the story is over. 

I'm going to give KOTOR another go in the mean time though. Hopefully I get passed the first 5 minutes of player movement. I remember it feeling trashy on KB&M. Maybe controller this time?

Edited by Phobos

3 hours ago, Phobos said:

I also heard you can get the double sabre in a more story way rather than doing to Dathomir and finding the table early on like I did. I can't imagine not getting it as early as possible though. It is way too satisfying to use. Hardly ever switched to single mode.

Keen to try it fresh again on the hardest difficulty now the story is over. 

I'm going to give KOTOR another go in the mean time though. Hopefully I get passed the first 5 minutes of player movement. I remember it feeling trashy on KB&M. Maybe controller this time?

I also got it via the table on Dathomir so I'm not sure what the story way is!

49 minutes ago, Penchamus said:

I also got it via the table on Dathomir so I'm not sure what the story way is!

Back on Bagona, you join a saber from some character or something something(post was on reddit, lost it):

"There is also a method of unlocking the double bladed lightsaber on the previous planet, Bagona - but this is actually much slower, because the area is off-limits to you until you fully explore the enormous planet Zeffo and gain both the Force Push ability and the Scomp Link for BD-1. So if you're looking to unlock the double bladed lightsaber in a timely fashion, Dathomir is the way to go."

Edited by Phobos

25 minutes ago, Phobos said:

Back on Bagona, you join a saber from some character or something something(post was on reddit, lost it):

"There is also a method of unlocking the double bladed lightsaber on the previous planet, Bagona - but this is actually much slower, because the area is off-limits to you until you fully explore the enormous planet Zeffo and gain both the Force Push ability and the Scomp Link for BD-1. So if you're looking to unlock the double bladed lightsaber in a timely fashion, Dathomir is the way to go."

There ya go, I had absolutely no idea!

Finished this game again (at home sick due to Covid) on Jedi Knight, loved it yet again. I think all future games where you play a lightsaber user needs to have the same level if not more customisation of the hilts and emitters!