Save your money unless you really want the wireless option as the G502 Proteus is very very similar and I cant see why its even still $130 more. 

We're talking about the Chaos? $199 is a bit more swallowable at least. LTT went to Logitech to show why it's expensive: 

I'd still go with a corded mouse - charging/changing batteries to me is annoying. That's why I don't have bluetooth headphones bp! 

Edited by Phobos

Yes we are talking about the chaos ... I have a confession to make ... I could not help myself and went and lashed out on this.

Let us know how it goes!

I'm interested to see how this goes as well. However, one of the main reasons I probably won't get a new mouse until the G5 actually dies is because I can't be bothered reprogramming a new one with all the buttons for my games :(

So I played the Division with this for an hour or so last night.

It is really nice, very happy with my purchase - although some might say I am biased since I already bought it. I have tried a number of mice, and brands, but I kept coming back to the good old deathadder manily due to size for my hand - the Zowie ones were all a little small, I used the G5, G9 etc for a while as well which were all ok, nothing special. All the other mice I have purchased have been a bit of a let down when I started using, and had some small regrets with my purchase (mainly due the expectations I had), this is the first one where I have said wow this is good - I have packed the deathadder up and will be using this from now on.

There are 3 settings for the surface you use it on - default, soft mouse mat and hard mouse mat, 5 profiles and then of course all of the DPI tweaking most mouse software gives today.

It is quite light which I did not think I would like, and in the past have always added all of the weights that came with the G9 for example, but found it very comfortable and am liking the lighter option.

Whilst I am still disappointed that there is no fancy looking charging dock, you can use it wirelessly or corded. I tried both and "hot swapping" even during a game was not a problem - it comes with a USB/mini USB ended cable which plugs into a what resembles a small USB stick (without the USB connection protruding) into which you plug a typical looking mini Logitech USB receiver. Wireless mode has the dongle and receiver plugged into your pc, corded mode you remove the dongle (and receiver) and plug the mini USB into the front of the mouse, which also charges it. they claim 32 hours of game play with lighting turned off - 20 with it turned on, so I don't think you will need to change batteries.

Out of the box it comes with buttons on the left side, but you can remove a cover and have buttons on the right as well, or cover up the left buttons and only have right or put both covers on and have no side buttons. A 20 mouse button MMO player will not like it as there are only about 8 or so buttons that can be used / configured.

I did like the wireless mode - I find at times with corded mice, the cord can grab or provide resistance because the coils pushes against stuff (eg keyboard) but this is probably just as much my untidy desk.

It is not going to change the future of gaming, but I am very happy with the purchase, it feels like a quality piece of kit. I am sure that at some point down the track the price will move close to the $150 mark, but this is the first mouse I can honestly say has not disappointed post purchase.

Its nice to have nice things PK  ;)

Even though I got the kids both a pretty cool mouse in the Proteus (not that they'd give a shit, so long as it has lights) I'd still probably go with yours if it was for me. Just gotta kill my G9 first ;)  enjoy

they claim 32 hours of game play with lighting turned off - 20 with it turned on, so I don't think you will need to change batteries.

Not expecting 20+ hours solid gaming sessions? What have you become you filthy casual?

No, but for real that's a great write up. I do love my Logitech products, so it might be a future purchase for me.

So after a few days use still a happy chappy.

Two things I have noticed:-

1. It is very responsive - now I have no way of proving whether this is real or perceived, but reaction does seem faster - not referring to movement, but I have noticed time between mouse click and in game action (which the previous caveat)

2. The scroll wheel, like alot of models and brands before it, has 2 modes - "free wheel" and "notched" each selectable by a button at the base of the wheel. The wheel is quite free moving, so that in free wheel mode I have noticed that if you lift or shake the mouse the wheel will move slightly and depending on what you have bound you can have some unexpected results. The free wheel mode is nice when web browsing, email, work (eg spreadsheets) because it rolls so effortlessly which means things are much faster. But when playing games I change it to "notched" (simple button press) as I have had weapons change mid fight. Not sure if it is just the unit I have or if it is a wider occurance

Do people use the mouse wheel for changing weapons in most games? I never have, as I always found it inaccurate (and especially back in the CoDUO days I'd end up scrolling past certain weapons when I needed them). Instead, I've always used the tilting of the mouse wheel sideways to "scroll" through them. Likewise, I've never actually use the mouse wheel button as a proper function because I always found I'd scroll when I wanted to click.

With the division, you can only scroll to 3 possible items - primary, secondary and sidearm so there is no chance you can accidentally end up amongst grenades etc

Yeah I use mouse wheel for weapon selection usually if its a FPS game. I also bind one of my thumb buttons for a secondary weapon like pistol so I can quickly switch to pistol whilst still keeping my fingers free for WASD movements. Especially useful for when you need to zig zag and grab that pistol when reloading or missing with the rifle.

I didn't give the Ducky much of a chance. Wasn't happy with it and I don't think I could have gotten used to it.

The overall shape was fine and the feel of the material was great, but my main issues was the weight and the placement of the two side buttons.

In terms of the weight, I know we're only talking about a matter of grams, but the difference from 90 or so grams from what I'm used to, to 120 or so grams, I felt made a big difference, and found my wrist getting sore.

And the placement of the side buttons, which I use a lot during navigation, stuck out far too much, so my thumb wasn't able to run smoothly over them to click, I kept finding myself having to kind of look for the buttons, the that and the fact the the mouse uses Omron switches, which I felt quite stiff to click, when I would click the side buttons, the force that I had to click was making me move the mouse quite a distance, which was annoying (but I do run 1600dpi).

Anyway, decided to pick a Zowie FK1, which I read great reviews about before purchasing, and comparing it's dimensions/weight to the SteelSeries Xai which I used for years and absolutely loved, the FK1 is more or less identical.

Edited by Duckz