Well now that I've got the keyboard upgrade out of the road I'm considering changing out the original G5 that has also served me for about nine years. So I suppose I'm curious as to what others use? I need a few buttons on the side, and I do like having the mouse wheel tilt for different actions (that's what I use to change weapons in most games instead of scrolling the actual wheel itself). I don't generally use the sensitivity buttons, other than to usually assign some other function to them (such as special nade in CoD). The G5 does come with weights, but I'm not sure that's ever really affected my gaming.

So what does everyone else use?

I've been using a Corsair M65 RGB mouse for the last 12 months. I like it but the scroll wheel has been playing up a bit (hard to click). Wasn't a fan of the Logitech G9x mouse I had. Never felt comfy in my sausage finger hands.

The G500 is the same shell as the G5 with extra buttons. Good mouse, it's the spiritual successor to the G5. Although, the black rubber/plastic is now textured. 

There's a newer model now, G700s. 13 buttons, very similar G5 shape.

Speaking of Logitech, they just announced an even newer model. The G900 Chaos

I've got a rocat or whatever the name was. Nice and simple. It's only got the two side buttons which is the way I prefer them. I do sometimes miss the side click on the scroll for internet browsing forwards and backwards. I've always used the number keys to change weapons though. 

Definitely recommend something with a decent laser for fps gaming, I bought a Logitech MMO mouse, forgot what it's called, but it's awful for fps games, skips all over the place. Still use my old Deathadder for shooters.

Speaking of Logitech, they just announced an even newer model. The G900 Chaos

Wow that looks the goods ~ $270 AUD OUCH!

Bahahaahaha! Nvm!

Yeah, I just saw that new Logitech one come up in my Facebook feed. That is certainly quite the price (even though I wouldn't be against going wireless, assuming their claims check out).

I haven't had a look at an MMO mouse Pench, but I'm thinking that might be a few too many buttons (and perhaps a bit harder to hit them accurately in the middle of a firefight).

Blue, I clicked on your link to open in a new tab, but then forgot I'd clicked on it, so five minutes later when I was going through my tabs I came across a mouse on my screen and was wondering what the hell was going on.

Yeah, I just saw that new Logitech one come up in my Facebook feed. That is certainly quite the price (even though I wouldn't be against going wireless, assuming their claims check out).

I haven't had a look at an MMO mouse Pench, but I'm thinking that might be a few too many buttons (and perhaps a bit harder to hit them accurately in the middle of a firefight).

I dont personally use one and can't attest to their usefulness in an FPS but Georgia has one and she loves using it for video editing and gaming

Also that G900 does not come with a charging dock - deal breaker imo

x factor uses a Roccat Kone XTD if that makes a difference - apparently comes in laser and optical

I finally said goodbye to my 2009 Razer Deathadder, and brought myself a Razer Deathadder Chroma, normally 139 from JB, managed to get them to price match it to Umart's price of 59! 

Edited by TheLaw

Wow... nicely done... 

I'm using a Logitech G300... been a good mouse for a few years now.

I'm sticking with the G5 for now. I can't be bothered reconfiguring all the buttons on a new one.

I was very distraught about that keyboard though. It'd done many a LAN session.

That's the way, G54lyfe.

No plans replacing mine for a long time either. Just feels so good! >:D

Only reason why i replaced mine was because my girlfriends cats decided that i should have a wireless mouse. Hahaha

My G9X died or was in the process of dying last year so I got the Mad Catz RAT9 which is the cordless version and had heaps of problems with connectivity but have since changed to the RAT7 which is the corded version and I'm very impressed

I just changed out my tired g500 for a g502 Proteus last week so far I like it and it can be had for $68, works like the g500 just looks different. 

Yeah I just got the kids two of these for the same price. Scorptec had them listed on their site for $99 but a google search can bring them up for $68 on another page in their site though you can still add it to your cart and its all good. One was an upgrade from a G5 that wouldnt drag or double click in windows and the other from from an old ROG mouse that was past its due date. One love the extra buttons over the G5 and the others just happy cause its got a blue heart beat light on top :)

I just changed out my tired g500 for a g502 Proteus last week so far I like it and it can be had for $68, works like the g500 just looks different. 

Yeah I just got the kids two of these for the same price. Scorptec had them listed on their site for $99 but a google search can bring them up for $68 on another page in their site though you can still add it to your cart and its all good. One was an upgrade from a G5 that wouldnt drag or double click in windows and the other from from an old ROG mouse that was past its due date. One love the extra buttons over the G5 and the others just happy cause its got a blue heart beat light on top :)

It seems the thing that fails on these g5s and g500s is the microswitchs in the left and right  mouse buttons.

Mine wouldn't drag  and drop correctly and would sometimes double click when I single clicked.