Sign in to follow this  
Blueberry

Black Ops Map Pack

very dissapointing that this will be DLC, i see a significant divide because of this.

really is just greed and a dissapointing trend in gaming.

will still purchase it but wont be happy about it

on the dlc side, Ii recently purchased Dragon Age 2 and they had DLC for sale before the game was even out!

really makes me think before purchasing games as to if im getting value for money, especially if mp is not that important and *.torrent is pretty easy to put into google.

I'll buy it, just to get some fresh content, and to make sure I'm never booted from a server. I ply it often enough to justify the cost I spose.

Yeah, I am not sure if any of the maps will actually be suitable for comp play. From what little I've heard there's a chance none of them will be as they are either unbalanced or have other map aspects like rockets taking off mid game. My guess is that CG will have to take the line that until everyone is able to have the maps that none of them can be played in comps, as otherwise they're going to have major issues of some teams/players having them and others not.

Are there any words on another map pack in the future? As if there ends up being a lot of maps which people don't have it's going to make things rather interesting and annoying for clans, comps and individuals alike.

The two communities split. Though I doubt it would go down that path, if enough of a gap appeared between the original game and the DLC then who knows what could happen. Hopefuuly it just stays at a few new maps, but if weapons or other DLC options also start to exclude others rhen it could turn in to a pseudo expansion worst case :(

According to analyst firm NPD, Call of Duty: Black Ops has just become the best selling game of all time. The marketing firm had Call of Duty: Black Ops at the top selling spot again in February, where it’s been since November. NPD told Industry Gamers that Activision have shifted 13.7 million units in the US alone, and has now overtaken Wii play as the biggest selling game ever. Treyarch recently said that they were inspired to beat previous editions of Call of Duty, and were especially determined to become more successful than Modern Warfare 2. Mission accomplished.

Sounds like they reaaaaally need the money :glare: I won't be buying the DLC at this stage..

Have played the new maps on the ps3 and they are good abit different to the usual maps but different none the less dont know how much will change from the ps3 to the pc to do with the maps, but they should be good.

Any chance we could at least get the new maps on rotation on the Unranked Server? Would be good to have a chance to check them out in detail.

I think they go live tomorrow.

The unranked might be a good spot to have a look at them, at least until our rcon program updates. Then we will see how many have them so we can decide if we put them in the normal rotation or not. They won't appear on the CG server though, at least not until official word comes through on their status.

Yeah - understand completely about them not being on the CG server (unless CG include them).

I think I've heard about 10 members or so so far indicate they'll be getting the new maps (or have already bought them) so that's a decent chunk of our active members.

I'd say that is about half at the moment. The problem is, as soon as we put them on the ranked server then some people are going to miss out - where as if we don't put them on everyone can still play. That said, those who do make the purchase also want to enjoy the new maps and would obviously prefer to play on our clan's server. We'll just have to see what we can set up with the rcon program for a start, but the unranked server for the new maps might suit for over the weekend.

i think the best thing is if some servers had the new maps on the rotation only so only ppl who have them maps can join. This way noone would get booted from a server

I think those with the new maps will be best to join whatever server suits them. They shouldn't feel bad for not using our server, but at the same time they should get a chance to play the new maps they have purchased.

okay so ive just spent 2 hours playing the new maps...

and there awesome! :clap2:

still hate i had to pay for them but ive been very impressed. will be very interested to see how they play once everyone gets used to them.

will be interested in everyones feedback and what they think. i felt they were alot more balanced than i thought they would be but only time will tell about that

ps always funny playing s&d and noone knows the maps or where there going, especially when they walk off the edge and die in kawloon (watched 2 in a row do it while chasing them) :laugh1: