Choose your preference  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which forum skin do you prefer?

So Phobos and Myself spent a good few hours searching for a decent forum skin tonight, obviously it needs to be dark and it needs to be somewhat pleasing on the eye, we came up with the following 2 which are priced the same ($30) although we both preferred one over the other, thus didn't come to a decision, hence we are putting it to a vote, worth noting neither skin has been run past the rest of the leadership yet, and we have not ruled out any others, so the poll results may not be final, but appreciate the opinion of the clan, cheers.

"Viril" - http://www.skinbox.net/skins/viril/

"Villian" - http://www.ipbfocus.com/premade/villain/index.php

Worth also mentioning i'm waiting for a response from the dev of Villain if the width can be set to be fluid and changed. At the very least it can be increased as we want.

Not in love with either of them. They both need colour which hopefully our logos and banners will provide. At this stage I prefer the Villain theme. The typeface on Viril is a little hard to read imo.

I probably preferred Viril, but I didn't have any strong feelings one way or the other.

I'm happy for us to spend the $30 on either one, and then if something better comes up in the future we can investigate that. If members find something else that they think could be suitable, then they could post here, but I'd really like to see the decision wrapped up within 24 hours.

If I had to choose of those two, it would be Viril.

Did you get my message on Xfire the other night before I logged off Nev? I came across Engraved, which I thought, once our logo/banner and the Dice on the forum index, would add some colour and liven it up and would look pretty good.

If I had to choose of those two, it would be Viril.

Did you get my message on Xfire the other night before I logged off Nev? I came across Engraved, which I thought, once our logo/banner and the Dice on the forum index, would add some colour and liven it up and would look pretty good.

I did see that mate cheers, I liked it and we discussed it last night but I cant remember why we picked the other 2 over it, I think it was a case of discontinued support for it by the developer? Phobos might remember. Anyway it looks like Villain can be made a fluid width which was my main concern, and it's also being supported into v4.0 which is also a bonus, looks like the majority here prefer it also, so we could probably roll with that one if no objections?

The bars that the member name is on with Engraved was a little too bright i think was our concern. But we can always change that. Yes, the support post 4.0 with Engraved hasn't been confirmed, which is another little issue.

We'll convene tonight on TS and see if we can finally decide lol. 

Support in to 4.0 is good. It means we don't have to spend money again. We can always change themes again in the future if we find another one we like (on the plus side, it should allow us to give the forums a refresh more often if we choose to). That said, I also acknowledge the work that goes in to getting something new operational, and we certainly don't want to burn out Nev and Phoby.

I am happy to move forward if you guys are.

Edit: following from Phoby's post, if Engraved was given support for 4.0 then I'd probably be happy with that too. But we're probably limited by time. If we don't go with it this time, we could also consider it again (or another new them) when 4.0 is released.

I'm indifferent, both look good, I'd like to say something about supporting 4.0ce section 4F under paragraph 3.2 but I have no idea about this stuff! On a side note a huge thank you to Phobos and others involved in the website change over, a massive undertaking, thanks guys.

Since the poll and members thoughts were pretty split, we went with Villain. 

You might need to empty your cache if you see something that doesn't look right -  for the most part you wont since it will be the first time loading it.

Things to note, there's a background picker - the paint brush top right. Those are the stock images and i'm open to suggestions for pics. 

Few things will have to be tweaked of course, so if you're very unhappy with a certain aspect, let me know and i'll see what i can do.

P.S I'll change the back to the top transition to be instant and the edit note.