Sign in to follow this  
Jibada

Ark

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/

I'm sure there was already a post for this but I couldn't find it so I posted here. Phobie recommended it and I got it on Steam and thought I would make a post and make sure we are all playing on the same server. If Phobie or Nev have started on a server let me know otherwise I'm on

The-OC-OfficialServer148 - (v177.1)s)

Yeah Jibby we started playing tonight on server 175, didn't see your post beforehand, Poundys is on 175 too, not sure if we will stick with him and his crew or not, wouldn't mind splitting off and starting our own tribe as they are already pretty advanced in the game, should be on tomorrow, seems fun except for some performance issues, a lot of depth to the crafting and levelling, it's got a lot of potential.

All good Nev. I was plodding yesterday and just about to assemble my hut when a saber tooth jumped out and smashed me

I'm currently trapped in my hut because a T-rex is waiting outside and starting to run low on water and food

I have just been playing on one of the official severs. Open for anyone to join and the game is open world so people can and probably will attack you

I'm playing on the 175 server with Nev and Poundsy too. It's a PvE server though.  It's pretty interesting, on my PC though it runs pretty badly. I've got the settings to a point it looks ok, but the game still needs work performance wise. 

Are you guys going to stay on 175 ? I went out for dinner and when I got back around 9:30 most servers were full. So does the PvE mean you can't kill players ? Yeah I have the settings on high at the moment and it looks alright but keeps freezing when heaps of shit is going on the screen but when I took it back to medium settings it looked fairly bad.

Yeah PvE is no player killing, not sure how PvP would go with how the game is atm, combat is super clunky with the performance of the game engine right now, downside is once you are geared and riding T-Rex's around things would get boring quickly with no PvP. Not sure what the plan is, I might give the PvP a miss until there is some optimisation or at least a better feel to the combat.

Jumped on last night and had a a bit of fun until a turtle stole all my berries after i tried to tame it  :(  

Some one come find me and show me where you guys are set up.

I played for a little bit yesterday and didn't venture too far from where I spawned on the east coast

I would like to see some videos of you guys losing out to turtles. Did it look anything like when Grandpa Simpson loses his teeth?

tumblr_ltd13x6gdG1qak2lgo1_500.png

I have a little base near the East 1 spawn but have since been playing on a local server with my brother. I made my way to where Phobie is but I was getting chased by a Raptor and it was night and I fell off a cliff and died. I think it was long 45 lat 50 ?

Glad you boys could join us, so many Dinos now lol, for reference if anyone else joins us, we are around 50 Lat, 45 Long. Opposite side of the river from the volcano, on top of a rocky cliff.

The trip for me wasn't smooth either.

2 MIA and 1 KIA but majority made it. This weekend i'm sending a search party out to find the MIA, cause i will never leave a DINO behind lol 

I logged on today to finish off a project i have been working on and to my shock a level 72 "ALPHA" Rex was eating all our pets. 2 of our neighbours came to our aid but this fking alpha took forever to take down. So im sad to announch the following is a list of the ones who have been lost:

KIA: 

x 1 Rex - lvl 90

x 1 spino - lvl ? 
x 2  Mammoths - lvl 60 and lvl 45

x 2 Stegos - lvl 70 and lvl 50

x 1 trike - lvl 50

x 1 turtle - lvl 40

x 1 dodo - lvl 52

x 1 Parasaur - lvl 45

x 1 Phiomia - lvl 60

Most of them were already dead before i logged in. This is a truly sad day.  :( 

In other news  as some of you know i like to go big when a game offers me the chance to e.g ....

Back in the mine craft days 

rtd%20grifing_zpszkvkfg5w.png

This was the project i was working on ..... a bridge 

2015-08-17_00003_zpsedngkxae.jpg

2015-08-17_00002_zpsqeavfgh3.jpg

2015-08-17_00001_zpsx646k3ev.jpg

2015-08-17_00006_zpswjesa0ez.jpg