MasterShrive

Elite Dangerous

Scratch that - I was loading the singleplayer training from the launch window and not the main game. Horizons seems to have the main controller working. I'll do some further tests and the tutorials tomorrow.

Yeah I did tutorials from launcher only to find they are in gamein Horizons. But im wondering if there different like more how to get around the universe and accept missions ect. The launcher tutorial was pretty much just flying

There seemed to be a bit more in the main game, but I literally only completed the flying one so far.

What have people named their ships?

I started that long ago I don't remember the game even having Tutorials at all...

Think I died a few times working stuff out, but that doesn't matter in your starting ship.

I am currently flying the Cobra Mk3 and it is renamed to Mini Cobra currently (I'm inventive)

Once you get the hang of the starting stuff you can start looking at ways of making some quick money.

1 way is to do the community goals for the week/month (I can't remember how long they go for). Keep an eye on https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/

They usually show what the goals are and give you some idea on what you need to be doing to join in.

I might setup a private group tonight and invite everyone to it. This way you can safely fly around without the worry of being ganked by rando's

And if we are all on we will be able to see where in the universe we all are.

Oh cool. Strangely enough I am MasterShrive on the system.

I probably won't be around tonight due to a mixed netball grand final.

So there's no consequences if you die at the start? What about later on?

Once you buy new ships you have to pay the insurance fee on the ship to get it back.

Early on you are given a Sidewinder (?) and if you die at any point in the game and can't afford the payback you are given another one.

I think insurance is like 5% of what you spent on the ship... so with bigger expensive ships it can be a painful exercise

2 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

Yeah Sidewinder sounds correct. Are you telling me it's not a great ship?

Oh god no, its a great little starter ship, but once you get the better ones you cannot help but laugh and say "was i really flying that around?" 

2 minutes ago, TheLaw said:

Oh god no, its a great little starter ship, but once you get the better ones you cannot help but laugh and say "was i really flying that around?" 

True dat.

I am having all sorts of issues trying to work out which control scheme to use with the Xbox controller, the point I can't even get passed the basic combat in training...

1 hour ago, MasterShrive said:

I am having all sorts of issues trying to work out which control scheme to use with the Xbox controller, the point I can't even get passed the basic combat in training...

KB&M is the answer then

I'm starting to wonder that. I'm going to try and make the joysticks do what I want one more time, otherwise I'll be giving up on the controller idea.

I straight up asked Predz before i started playing, do i need a HOTAS or joystick in order to play? Straight up said no, keyboard and mouse is fine. I think the kb&m is more precise allows you to fine tune your movements, specially against the harder AI too. 

14 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

I might take that under advisement by the sounds.

Just the default keyboard keys the way to go?

I added a couple that didn't have bindings...

/ - is now bound to 75% thrusters, this is helpful when traveling to planets/stations as this is within the speed zone that you need to be in to jump out of hyperspace.

k - is now bound to standard interplanetary thrusters, while J is still the auto select between hyperspace and interplanetary

Well we all got to the same station (And by all I mean Noodz, Law, Predz and Phobz)

Now if Shrive's installs it he can join us (Big IF)

And Nev can come join us too...

I have more faith in Nev than Shrive's

Yeah man it was great, more than happy to do it again. 

Yeah hurry up Shrives, put that gaming list aside and come join the grind! 

Edited by TheLaw

F's in chat boys for Mini! 

Well i'll be around from 6ish til late again if anyones up for a grind! 

29 minutes ago, TheLaw said:

F's in chat boys for Mini! 

Well i'll be around from 6ish til late again if anyones up for a grind! 

I'm already on the grind, but I'll be playing tonight as well.