Sign in to follow this  
MasterShrive

Red Orchestra 2

I certainly understand what you mean RE CoD. I can't see this reminding us of the CoDUO days so to speak, but it could be similar to the Realism Mod for CoD5. I'm not sure how many in the clan will be interested in it though - as I think more will probably go down the BF3 path.

krak, there was another MoH game that came out a while back (yr or so ago??) but that was a buggy and uninspiring failure.

In terms of ww2 (which i know you like) its going to be tough finding anything worthwhile now days. Publishers have pretty much drained all the heart and soul out of the ww2 theme until it became an over saturated market...sad really.

I would LOVE to see more vietnam or ww1, but thats not going to happen...as the yanks didn't really steamroll anyone in those theatres :lol:

Best bet for realism would be arma (viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1451). even some of the older games in the series are very realistic. Its a modern setting, but the scale and variety is huge.

Americas Army is another. and free! but its just one great big propaganda stunt by the US army.

Although BF3 is rather modern and action packed, I feel the multiplayer will be tactical and expansive. Not to mention the good looking graphics and destruction physics to add to the mix. Hard to say if it will be good, but worth a look in my opinion krak. All you need to do is look at this vid to get a sample

Well summarised.

The issue with BF3 will be the requirements. Even though it is coming out on six year old consoles as well, that doesn't mean it will be well optimised for computer hardware. I am hoping we don't see a chasm form between those with BF3 and those without, as we did back in the CoDUO vs CoD4 days.

ArmA is very good for realism. And Operation Flashpoint if you want to go back to its spiritual successor. I'm not sure if there are some other good WWII shooters worth looking at that came out a couple of years back. Have you tried something like Brothers in Arms or Company of Heroes for something different? I can only vouch for the later though.

I've already ordered it Krak but having a look at the site I guess it depends on whether that coupon is still current and if they give you both the 15% off for per-purchasing as well as the coupon % as well

T'was a lovely map that. Indeed, I have a screenshot from that map of Vulc and I going nuts on the wG| server, which in the end was used as evidence by Phobos to get me in to the clan. Good times.

i must say even im getting interested now, i loved the cod w@w realism mods. I have just downloaded the red orchestra from steam and i must say for an older game its still great fun!!

If you picked it up Bondy and reported back positively I'd possibly look at trying a few games. I'm still worried about what time I'd have though :(

As per cross-thread with the poll letting you know that I just used the code, and it cost less than $34US for the digital deluxe version. Advice from GMG was that it will work on Australian Steam. Looking forward to seeing some clannies in-game when it 'arrives'. Great deal!

I finally got it going was a small issue where no servers appeared in browser, but its a pretty easy fix so if you have the same issue krak just google it and there is the solution. They released a 700 MB patch today, ive played for about 30 minutes in total and i enjoyed it quite a lot, movement certainly doesn't feel as smooth as cod but you get used to it quite quickly, definitely reminds me of cod 5 realism

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2090142 = the problem and solution Nath sent me

I remember the first time we played the superlative "Brothers Realism Mod" for "World at War" movement feeling 'sluggish' but that made sense as it a 'realism mod' not in love with bunnyhopping & matrix like FPS movements possible in CoD. I'm still DLing and looking forward to learning how it goes, and when that is done, anticipating the Pacific mod variant.

Nath and I have spent some time moving about this game. So far so good. The way the tanks work is fantastic (if you have a 4-crew switched on). I've not seen the workings of a tank like this. Pretty good. More news following a BetaWeek#1.

I know Bondy and Nev would take to this like a (yes I know they're Drakes)..Duck to water or a Duckz to CoD4. The adjustable iron sites and scope are excellent.

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/2011/ ... -incoming/