Sign in to follow this  
Pendux

Star Craft 2

Star craft 2 beta version is now out for anyone interested.

I saw it on Leechers lair and i am sure torrentleech would have it.

I've heard great things about this game and the original still seems to be popular after all this time. That said, I've already got too many games to take care of at the moment...

I pre-ordered it when it first came out, but haven't played it at all.

Wouldn't mind having a game if you're an absolute n00b at RTS' and Starcraft like me :lol:

ok my character name is tsukune, and my character code is 112 for anyone who get the gme up and wants to add me as a buddy.

I play a little online so i'm not a total noob, but my current stats are 13 games played 3 won, so i'm not exactly great either.

@nevillebartos The game play is a little like red alert just because they are both RTS games and all RTS have that same structure of gather resources, spend resources. Starcraft is set in space though, so the units and buildings (pretty much everything) are a lot different.

Although i do not play it i am very well read in the strategies and such of the game. Am up for a discussion on it on this post if you feel like branching out.

I play as protoss. K go :P

I think i probably still have a guest invite lying around in the box if it really came to it. Give u access to the multiplayer files from what i understand

I enjoy terran as they are the most similar to age of empire style. I don't like zerg as i can't get the hang of them. Ironically i don't like playing as protos because i find them to weak, however i am yet to defeat protos.

What strat do you use?

If you guys still play sc2, i could help. I havent played much since i got black ops but im still pretty decent. I think im in like 6 diamond leagues and something like 16 platnium leagues. At one stage i was ranked 1st on the server in 2s random

Pendux was more playing this as a side thing I think. He's no longer in our ranks, but there might be a couple of others who play it casually. I've got no idea what the leagues mean.

As far as i can tell (reading the post) i'm the only one who takes ti online, and i'm pretty casual with it. Just trying to get some basic strats down to hopefully get out of bronze league.

Well done getting that high ranked though Djiang, personally i just get beaten whenever i go online

i noticed for a few people once ur stuck in the lower leagues for team games its rly hard to get out coz u keep getting bad team mates. fortunately for me my all my sc2 buddies are diamond so we do really well in team games

oh and i forgot to mention about the ranking system to shrive. the ranking systems goes something like this:

diamond > platnium > gold > silver > bronze

diamond players are top 10% of ranked players, and i forget the rest of it :P

I've got it installed, I played it a bit and enjoy it, but don't have the multi-tasking ability to be super competitive. Fun to play though, i'd be up for a game or too, especially if we could pull in some others!