MasterShrive

Star Wars: The Old Republic

I'll add the following proviso....(perhaps like Luke) I would require the occasional 'hall pass' for the 'dark side' only for when it's necessary :evil:

Search your feelings, I can feel it surging inside of you. Don't deny your true identify. Be true to yourself and you will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

This is getting closer. I have ordered through Game, but won't get it until later as some have ordered via Amazon. I was curious to know if people knew if this would be any good: https://cdkeys.com.au/products/Star-War ... ccess.html

That said, I still like to own a hard copy of my games, so fair chance I might look at Amazon again.

There's still suppose to be word on how long the grace period is after the 20th you can still play without the retail key.

Suppose to be within the week.

BTW, i checked Amazon and it says I'll get it after the 25th, no later than the 29th. $86.

keep in mind its quite stylised. not quite to the extent of WoW, but not angling to be ultra realistic.

at lower graphic settings it looks...crap (as do all games). crank it right up and it looks pretty good.

you also need to keep in mind that all the footage released is from alpha and beta. in beta they didnt have aa and other advanced graphics options enable, so my guess is there is still a little more to squeeze out of it. once you start playing you dont even notice, and the environments draw you in.

another point to note is stylised graphics have a timelessness to them. think how old WoW is? ok, it doesnt looks so amazing anymore, but for a decade old game its still has appeal. now look at lotro. used to be cutting edge, and to a degree still looks very nice, but for a 4-5yr old game looks dated. these games are often intended to go on for years, so i can understand their choice of graphic style.