MasterShrive

Star Wars: The Old Republic

flows over into queues. depending on game and company, that can vary as much as a few thousand people to 100's of thousands cap on servers.

rift seems to have a lot of servers with a moderate number of people on each. something like lotro had only a handful with a heap of people on each. lotro way failed imo due to server instability and server lag with heaps of ppl in one place. rift has been great largely due to having a strat to cope from the start and having adequate hardware, tech and maintenance.

no idea what bioware will do. my guess is a number of small servers due to the nature of the content and the amount of development required.

generally on unofficial aussie servers, they fill up in US prime pretty much always (short queue often) (ie. aussie mornings and weekends)

imho i dont care for queues. means i can get a sandwich and know there are a lot of people to do stuff with. hardly ever have issues with too many ppl waiting to complete a quest, etc. as often these worlds are huge.

oh and to answer your other q. you can make toons on any server at any time (VERY rare to not be able to. mainly if a server is super populated which they have other strats to counter)

its only in trying to transfer toons they have restrictions and often wont let you transfer to a high pop server.

it takes everything excluding anything in your mailbox or on the aution house.

i feel this thread has gone of on a little tangent :P

yep. hence new :P

and you can roll the same class several times on the same server (diff names for each though of course)

Which means if I opt to work on one main character, and then for some reason we no longer use that server or we want a character on another server, we would have to start again from scratch possibly. I just don't want to see us fractured - so we will want to make a solid decision at the start about where people intend to play (assuming those of us who get the game do want to play together).

maybe. if moving to low pop server, transfer covers that.

what it comes down to is trying to coordinate before hand. ie. use unofficial aussie server (better for potential recruits) or pick the server on the bottom of the list on live (names can often change from beta),etc.

just remember to spend some time on the look and name of the toon...as you'll be looking at the same toon for a number of years ;)

Early next year? That's okay then. I was worried we were going to be hit with this and BF3 at the same time. That will give plenty of time to enjoy BF first, and then try something different. And MW3 of course!

Been looking more into this game and it looks f***ing epic! Ive cancelled my wow subscription and applied to join the testing for this game. Sith Inquisitor ftw!

Not the testing. Though I full intentions of getting the game at some point. Got a few mates (Andy, Sheldon, Muffin Man and of course Vulc) that I know from my Uni days who are keen as well. Maybe not so much Muffin Man... I think he's still only ever seen Episode III when it comes to Star Wars, lol.

Andy and I have the same problem. And Sheldon is to weak to stand up to Andy, so will likely go dark side too. Can we have characters that play either side? That said, my "main" character will definitely be Jedi.

Andy and I have the same problem. And Sheldon is to weak to stand up to Andy, so will likely go dark side too. Can we have characters that play either side? That said, my "main" character will definitely be Jedi.

Goody-two-shoes