MasterShrive

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Yeah the 8 ability priority list for my Sorcerer is a bit annoying, the game has become a bit more proc based depending on the class you play though so its not exactly set rotations like it used to be. I just use the basic pvp/defence CD's and my rotation at the moment. Also I'm pretty sure you are correct Phob's about deleting before 61 and getting the boost back. I'm trying something completely new Shrives, I don't normally play ranged classes in any game but this time I thought I might and am really enjoying it.

Also BP confirmed Gungan race as an unlock when you beat chapter 9 :P

With a bit of reading, I'm thinking about two different options. 1) Play through as a Bounty Hunter or 2) Get my Jedi Knight up to level 60 (currently about level 48 as I recall). However, is there is still the level boosting on? Because otherwise playing the original class story is going to take quite a while. But if I decide to get Fallen Empire, does that come with Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Reven? As I could just play through them with my Knight to get up to speed instead, perhaps.

Yep permanent 12x exp boost on class quests, it also maybe boosted on the key planet story quest aswell, not sure though. I believe if you are a current subscriber you get Hutt Cartel and Revan with your sub. Definitely recommend the Bounty Hunter class story! I play melee clases mostly now so I haven't touched the bh in a while

I see, I see. Decisions, decisions. I might play the expansions as my Jedi Knight, just to get a feel for things again. Then make a start on a Bounty Hunter to see how that goes (and maybe level it to 60 once I've done the story?). And I can choose from there which character I'd like to use. Looks like I'm going to have to set a fair bit of time aside, but I am looking forward to it.

I think you're over estimating how much time that freed up (especially given said free time will probably be spent hungover). Not to mention that footy pre season starts soon...

For better or worse, I've picked this up again and I plan to play through a few of the expansion storylines (once I've worked out what the damn controls are again, as well as all of my abilities, how to get a mount, etc.).

I'm slowly getting a handle on things again (ie, kind of remembering what buttons to click). However, there's a lot I never understood the first time as I've never played other MMORPGs, so I know there's plenty I'm overlooking this time as well. I'm just going through it for the story, and just finally hit level 50 tonight (I got help from a couple of old uni mates to finish the Jedi Knight storyline at level 47 four years ago because I was sick of trying to level up and I couldn't pass it otherwise). It was a LOT easier levelling up this time around though, which I'm not complaining about.

Anyone tried the Starfighter stuff? I'm curious to know if it's actually worthy of the Star Wars name at all.

Never really touched the PvP Star Fighter stuff, from what I know it plays kind of like War Thunder? But I could be very wrong! The fact that you can level exclusively doing story missions is amazing

Yeah that's why I just wanted to try the stories that are in the gaps of five levels or so (ie, Hutt Cartel 50 to 55). As I figure they'll be fairly straightforward to play and won't take too long to complete. Then I can stop at the end of one if I don't have time to keep going.

I had a quick look at the starfighter stuff. It'll be a surprise to no one that I had zero idea what I was doing. Our team got hammered 50 kills to 9 I think. I achieved zero, lol, and had no idea what the buttons were. It was also a bit of a shame that it didn't work with my controller. I'll give it another go as it was a bit of fun; but I don't plan to be investing much time into it.

*Dusts of thread* 

well i got roped into subbing to this game again, and oh my days is it better than ever before! The leveling system as been overhauled (grinding is still needed beyond level 60) the companions have been overhauled too (can change them to heal, dps or tank) they currently have a code giveaway for returning or new players, simply reactivate your character and on the website enter REVANSFATE and you will get access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan. If you sub you will get access to all expansions permanently... you only need to sub for a minimum of one month. If anyone would be interested in playing again shoot me a message on the forums or Discord :)

Nice mate. I just redeemed that code. I had a bit more of a play at the start of the year and would like to go back again at some point... but for now other games are keeping me away.

*Dusts off thread again* Not as much dust as last time, but still quite a bit...

I thought I would pass on some info regarding the next expansion,

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190826

After it's originally announced September release date, "Onslaught" has been delayed for release to the 22nd of October. Apparently the testing on the PTS hasn't being going well, so they need more time to work out the bugs. Basically, this new expansion is going back to good ol' Republic vs. Empire "Jedi vs. Sith", rather than the the Outsider's Alliance vs. Eternal Throne storyline from KoTFE & KoTET. They started this new chapter in the "Jedi Under Siege" update released in December.

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190827

In light of this delay, the new Nautolan race that was going to be free for anyone who was subscribed on the expansion's original launch, is now free for anyone who is a subscriber at any time between September 1st & October 22nd. Even if you only subbed once in that period, you will get it. Otherwise, it will be in the game's Cartel Market as a species unlock like previous additions.

This month's Double XP just finished up about a week ago, but I'm still playing it here and there, trying to get other toons through the story, ready for the new expansion. I'm hoping with the delay, they might give us another round of Double XP next month, would be nice.

Pretty good of them to give the expansion for free if you have a sub. How's the population for SWTOR these days?

It's not doing too bad. They did a further migration of the servers some time ago (2 US East, 3 EU - English/German/French, and they've ended up combining all the PvE, PvP and RP servers together, they used to be all separate), kinda pissed they got rid of all the US West servers in said merge (RIP The Harbinger), so pings are for me around 250ms (2, sometimes 3 out of 4 bars).

I've seen 100+ on the fleets during US peak, somewhat less during the AU peak (in-game at the time of this post, between 20-50 since 5pm on both US servers), though there is still a few APAC guilds around with active members. Though I'm currently flying solo atm, as I have been on/off playing over the last few years. Last guild I was in during my active times a couple of years back went inactive.

And I also like the system where subbing once gives you all the expansions available at the time to keep. I remember when Rise of the Hutt Cartel was sold as a stand-alone expansion for about $25-30 AUD at the time, but then starting with Shadow of Revan, they changed it to the current system.

Edited by Predz

Oh wow, they merged again and with no West Coast servers... Very odd choice..

Wasn't Harbinger also one of the aussie realms before they folded from OCE? Can't remember which I played on atm. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/server_merges

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/7b2vvu/server_merges_information/

The APAC servers were Dalborra (PvE), Master Dar'Nala (PvP) & Gav Daragon (RP), then were migrated to the West Coast, which any toons from Dalborra for example, were moved to The Harbinger (which itself was a merge of the US west PvE servers as well).

They did the last merge in November 2017, as players were complaining about queue times for Warzones and such and that some servers were in low numbers, particuarly PvP and RP servers.

So if you had any toons on The Harbinger, The Bastion or Bergeren Colony pre-merge, they are now on the Satele Shan server, which is basically the East Coast server with West Coast/OCE players (the other being Star Forge). Can't see why they just didn't keep The Harbinger and further combined it with the others, or made Satele Shan the new combined US West server, so each coast had a server (but I'm guessing that they wanted to reduce costs by having them both in the one place on the east coast).

Edited by Predz

They've redone the old cinematics in 4K and they look amazing.

The lightsaber battle in this fight is one of my favourite across all of Star Wars: