MasterShrive

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Well, meesa just got a free invite to play the game for a week because I've been a part of their forums for so long but haven't actually activated anything yet. I have two weeks to activate the invite, which will fall just nicely before holidays. So looks like I will be brining forward my schedule after all.

So, where are we playing and what side are we on? And for those who know them, have we heard anything from Andy, Sheldon or Tom and where they are playing?

Well, meesa just got a free invite to play the game for a week because I've been a part of their forums for so long but haven't actually activated anything yet. I have two weeks to activate the invite, which will fall just nicely before holidays. So looks like I will be brining forward my schedule after all.

So, where are we playing and what side are we on? And for those who know them, have we heard anything from Andy, Sheldon or Tom and where they are playing?

nup, everyone could do a trial. had a promo going.

Dalborra (PvE) (aussie server). toons on other servers dont transfer till early april. so ppl are rolling alts on it atm.

all the guys above are around and active. they all lhad high lvl toons on jekk jekk but have been rolling alts since new aussie server dropped. i believe they are doing republic toons this time.

all rolled empire primarily.

exception to this rule is phobos...he went pub, pvp server, and some random US server >.>

So everyone has a one week free trial available to them? Does that window end in two weeks for everyone else?

I doubt I would get to it this weekend either, but I if I did the weekend trial I don't know if that would cancel out the option to try this one.

exception to this rule is phobos...he went pub, pvp server, and some random US server >.>

Noooo, not a random US server. The unofficial aussie PvP server. You remember the list they gave out saying which servers for Aussies to go to. I'm on The Swiftsure! But moving to the Aussie PvP one when they allow transfers.

Btw, PvE servers are the care bears servers of the gaming world :P PvP ftw! /flame on

The trial IIRC is for people who don't have an account and are new to the game.

Is the only difference between PvE and PvP the fact that players can attack each other at any time? And does PvE still have places for PvE, or is it all vs the E so to speak.

Yeah, the difference is 2 players don't have to agree to duel. You need to set your pvp flag on to be attacked. It's good if you just want to play the game without getting jumped. But that's half the fun, always have to have your whits about!

Sooooo... finally sunk some hours in to this. I can see it would be very easy for me to sink in a lot, lot more. It reminds me of KOTOR of old, which is probably the last time I played something along these lines. I can see I will never learn even a lot of the basics and learning all of the controls will take some time. However, I enjoyed what I completed so far playing as a Knight. I fluked doing some coop with some random guy during one of the basic missions and I can certainly see how playing with others makes it more fun. That said, I think I'll just solo for most of it unless I happen to cross someone doing the same things I am. Not sure if that will work or not. I can see I would really like to play every class at some point, but I also know that is going to be very, very difficult to do time wise. Still, it will be something to enjoy from time to time.

If you can handle my noobness. What did you want to level?

Also, I have this need to explore everythimg, which won't be great in a game like this, lol

I'm currently stuck in an infinite install/patch/repair loop with my game :( Not sure what is causing it, but I'm out of downloads so can't afford to try anything further at this point (the installer used roughly 40-50GB a couple of days back across peak and off-peak times). It seems I'm not the only one with the problem, but at this point there's no solution to try (other than installing on another computer, which I can't do as per previously mentioned DL limit). A bit of a shame, as I wanted to put a little bit of time in to this.