MasterShrive

Age of Empires and Age of Mythology Series

Wait, you tested it Pench? I think the real test will be if you and I test it with the same game/key. As if that works then we're in business.

And I think Phoby was being sarcastic, although I would like to see it released on Steam.

Wait, you tested it Pench? I think the real test will be if you and I test it with the same game/key. As if that works then we're in business.

And I think Phoby was being sarcastic, although I would like to see it released on Steam.

I was not.

Stands to reason after the success of selling and generating hype about AoEII they would do the same for AoM.

I have a feeling that AoM might have more of a niche following than AoEII, but I certainly hope I am wrong. Still, with no word of it yet, I'll certainly give the above steps a go. Sounds like it works well.

If you hsve one of the older versions it makes you download to a newer updated file, eg; we have v1.01 shrive and it makes you update to v1.03 so that everyone has the same game essentially.

Well I think I am on and sorted. I didn't need to update to 103 which was good, but otherwise it was a very simple process. I'm keen for a game. Would like to take on some others at some point as a team.

I'd just like to add to the record that from memory, I'm the only person that's been able to defeat shrives 1v1.

Good luck and God bless you poor bastards

Only person amongst friends - I'd get smashed online. And you did make me play fair (ie, I wasn't allowed to use boats to cross the river, lol). Still, that's what I get for underestimating.

I had some fun on AoM last night, really enjoying the campaign, AI is a little annoying when you're building up an army and half of them go chasing a scout halfway across the map, even if it means certain death, still an awesome game especially for its age.

I really, really enjoyed the campaign - if anyone is a bit of a history/mythology buff then I certainly recommend it. Glad you're liking it mate - once you've got your feet we'll have to have a play.

Haha.

A couple of quick tips I use - group all your units (including villagers) suing Ctrl+#. You can then select the units again by pressing the number, or pressing Alt+# will centre your view on them. Useful for micro management, and for finding wayward soldiers or villagers.

Also use . and , to find villagers not working or military units just standing there.

If your army keeps wandering off, you can set them to a defensive stance via the left hand pane - however, I think you need advanced controls turned on in the options to do this.

I want to 1v1 shrives now... because honestly I have no idea what to expect. Im not sure if i would smash you or if you would just wipe the floor with me or if it would be a stalemate. Ive played a LOT of AoM and Pench can confirm that im pretty good when it comes to 1 v 1. But after hearing so much of Shrives exploits im eager for a game!

Nah, you'd have me. Online experience is far superior to playing with mates. When LANing, you play the person so to speak. Online, you need superior tactics and methods every time if you are going to win, and I'm certainly not that good.

We might be able to find out tonight when I get home from training. I'm more keen to see some of us take on a few randoms to see how that goes.

Thats true with you isnt it? Mustve been loxley lol we had an aom game go for 3 and a half hours once, we managed to polish off 1.5L of straight Jim Beam

I watched our 1 v 1 battle back Shrives i noticed 2 CRUICAL times where I should have acted differently. The first was just after i claimed my healing spring back after you took it. You fell back and i stopped to fortify the area when i should have pushed up because you had little to no military! I would have easily been able to push you back to your temple and archery ranges and taken that middle settlement giving me more control over the map but i didnt and you quickly made a new force of archers, hoplites and minotuars and crushed my military. I was playing catch up for ALMOST the entire rest of the match.

The second point was when you got that settlement near my base and started building near me. I was holding back because I thought you had heaps of men there. But you said "I think you are over estimating my position." and I didnt realize you were being truthful haha. I thought it was a ploy and was cautious about attacking when by that time i had the Heros to absolutely destroy your minatours and plenty of Champion Jarls and throwing axemen. I also had 4 ballista which I sent to your base in a last chance sneaky attack attempt. When If i had thrown me men against yours and pulled down your towncenter and barracks' with my ballista I would have pushed you out of my base, I had pulled that off your position would have been quite unstable because you didnt certainly didnt have the resources to quickly come back from that.

Had i done both the things i just described I wouldnt neccesarily have won the match. But it would have gone on for a lot longer! haha.

Well played Shrives!

1 - 0 your way. This certainly isnt the end though!

So i purchased AOE2 last night and you can pre-load on steam now and for pre purchasers you get early access on the 5th so some time toinght our time ?