MasterShrive

Age of Empires and Age of Mythology Series

Lol I love my new avatar. On another note the game actually plays decent now a few lag spikes but overall much better than the HD release

Wasn't really random was it - *cough cough*

But it was a good game! I completely killed my momentum going for a pre age rush :( Then Shrivey and his fudging ships..

I'm not usually a navy man, but in this instance I thought I'd try something different.

I'm actually not used to playing with starting resources on high, which is probably why I just jumped at the second age straight away and was surprised by how quickly and ferociously you attacked me.

Brought the HD edition while it was on sale with steams "midweek bonanza" Keen to play with/vs people if they have it. 

Anyone else going to take a look at the Definitive Edition of the original Age of Empires? I think they've done enough to possibly pique my interest (not that I've got around to playing the HD versions of AoEII or AoM yet :( ). Could be a bit of fun if found for a good price.

So this is now the definitive version of the remastered version of the HD version?

Talk about beating a dead horse here.

I have played it yeah. Certainly not as much as I played AoE 2, but I think I caught the tail end of it before 2 came out.

It's probably quite telling that I remember the cheat codes for 2 off the top of my head still.

I decided to preorder the Definitive Edition of Age of Empires as it was only $20. But my God was it a hassle. Literally clicked on a Facebook link from their official page, which took me to another official website, which had a Buy Now button, which took me to another page which had a "Get it on Windows 10" button, which I then clicked, which finally opened up the Microsoft Store on my computer, where I had to hit another button to pre-order, which I did, but that took me to a separate screen, which I then needed to authenticate via my mobile, and then that took me to another screen to enter in my address, but the country was locked to the US and it would not let me proceed to payment!!

So after further rooting around on my Microsoft Account online, it turned out that for some reason my region was set to the United States within Windows 10, despite the time zone, my Microsoft Account and obviously my connection all being within Australia. Once I fixed that it finally let me make the purchase via PayPal.

I mean, I'm not surprised that it was this bad from Microsoft, but if you want people to use your store you need to at least get it close to usable. Doesn't fill me with confidence in terms of joining a game with friends :(

Haha. I didn't even know you could get it in store.

I played one quick random match against the AI. I don't think the AI has changed in 20 years. The game looks nice though. Wouldn't mind trying some MP if any others get it, for old time's sake.