Sign in to follow this  
MasterShrive

Battlefield 2042

8 hours ago, MiniSanders said:

Nothing stated for EA Play as far as I can find so far. 
Assume it will be on EA Play Plus for a few months and then move to EA Play at a later date. 

In saying that $90 is steep, it is currently $62 on Amazon for an Origin code

I'd almost consider buying it outright for $60

That's probably not too bad a price. But do I want the Gold Edition?

Also, am I correct that I can buy this on Steam, but then it has to activate on Origin anyway?

20 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

That's probably not too bad a price. But do I want the Gold Edition?

Also, am I correct that I can buy this on Steam, but then it has to activate on Origin anyway?

It is EA... so yes it will activate on Origin and need both clients open

On 10/31/2021 at 8:55 PM, Blueberry said:

Just a quick head count, who still plans on picking this up day one? 

image.png.386a82dbceb5161ca2f3b417fb5d48a7.png

I uh preordered it a day before the beta...

I don't think 2042 will be on Gamepass, looks like it will be on the more expensive EA Play plan which doesn't come with Gamepass.

I am still on the fence about grabbing it. Like the look of it, and was fun when I played it... but so many games coming out at the moment. 

I'm more excited about Forza Horizon 5 coming out soon TBH, but I just don't have time to commit to multiplayer games at the moment.

1 hour ago, Decroxx said:

I'm more excited about Forza Horizon 5 coming out soon TBH, but I just don't have time to commit to multiplayer games at the moment.

If you paid for FH5 you can play it now... if on Gamepass then another day or so

5 hours total playtime so far. 

In the short time I've played, I've had more fun than I did during the 271 hours I put into BFV... 

Couple of bugs that I've noticed that I have come over from the beta. 

- the Q menu will just stop working altogether and the only fix is to restart the game. 

- getting out of a tank or jeep after an EMP grenade goes off broke all my weapons, I could not shoot even after the "effects" of the EMP wore off.. had to force respawn. 
- the hit detection is a little wonky atm, you can put 2 - 3 bullets into someone before the game registers that you have shot them. 
- got killed, got revived, and couldn't swap to my secondary.

- when adjusting a slider in the menu it gets louder as if you are adjusting the volume. 

Those are the few I've encountered. Overall I expect a patch either in a few days or on the 19th when the game officially launches. Performance-wise I'm running it on high and getting a solid frame rate which I'm happy with. I give it a solid 8/10. I am still yet to try portal mode. 

Seems others on the newer generation of cards are struggling to maintain stable frames. Where others (like myself and @Predz) are having stable frames. It's also interesting to note that crossplay is forced on the Xbox Series X... and they are not happy whereas PC/PS5 get the option to disable it.... it kinda funny, for years we asked game developers to give us the ability to play with console players and now that we have said ability... you have people bitching to have it removed. 

2 new bugs i noticed today. 

- About once every 5th match, i get a direct x error and the game hard freezes my PC.. i actually have to hard reset my PC.... like what is this? 2005?

- seems hit reg is broken on any of the scopes above x1.25 (which is the default zoom even on iron sights) 
- hovercrafts are OP as fuck and are practically a tank that can climb buildings.... yes you read that right, hovercrafts that can CLIMB buildings and leap from said building to another... just like spiderman! 

Video of spiderman hovercrafts - I hope they dont remove the ability but more so just nerf the armour and damage they do. 

Edited by TheLaw

19 hours ago, Penchamus said:

Wow, that is nutty 😂

Are you enjoying it though Law despite the issues?

despite all the issues, i am enjoying it! Once all the major issues are ironed out it'll be a pretty decent BF game