Sign in to follow this  
MasterShrive

Battlefield 2042

Certainly looks interesting and I'm keen to play it with clannies but I've found my taste for FPSs is waning, any one else feel the same?

Either way I'll wait a week or two for all the busted shit to get fixed a la BF4 launch 😂

Is it just me, or does that video feel like it's trying WAY too hard?

There's all those 'remember this from BF4?' moments like the jihad quad into the Heli, or the jet rocket launcher kill - like they're desperate to tweak that nostalgia vibe from BF3 and 4.

Yeah they must feel like they've lost their player base.

Seems to be the way - start your franchise in WWII and create a great game. Advance to modern times and see the fanbase explode. Go back to your roots in WWII and lose them again. Try to recapture them with a modern WOW factor.

I'll probably give it a go and I'm sure it will be good fun; but like Pench I haven't played any big FPS games for a while. PUBG is my go to; I think I just like it simple, which I doubt this will be.

I play the occasional game of Overwatch, I think that is as close to full on FPS I get. 

I am way too old for quick reflexes though that are needed for a shooter... so I know I will suck at it, just a matter of it being enjoyable while sucking

7 hours ago, MiniSanders said:

...just a matter of it being enjoyable while sucking

Uhhh, are we still talking about BF here?

On 6/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, MiniSanders said:

I play the occasional game of Overwatch, I think that is as close to full on FPS I get. 

I am way too old for quick reflexes though that are needed for a shooter... so I know I will suck at it, just a matter of it being enjoyable while sucking

See I still think Overwatch is the best FPS I've ever played and I still don't love it enough to play it consistently 😂

Yeah, not sure how I feel overall...

Instead of an unnamed soldiers we now have named operators with unique gadgets. (Grappling hook, riot shields, turret, etc...)

Bigger maps but smaller squads? Looks like its only going to be 4 in a squad. My favourite battlefield memories are breaking behind enemy lines in a squad of 5 or 6 and back capping. Then holding off the enemy team. 

The calling in a tank to get airdropped at your position looks cool but just hope its balanced and not call in a drop anywhere any time lol.

Oh well will have to wait a see. Hopefully ends up being a good game to jump on with a squad of clannies to have some laughs &/or serious ish games.

BF2's commander could have vehicles drop in on certain locations; and the Special Forces expansion had the grappling hook as an option - so they're going back to the future on some of these things.

I certainly agree that I'd prefer larger squad sizes too :(

That all said, I'll likely get it - but I'll need a GPU upgrade.

4 hours ago, Jebusohmighty said:

Yeah, not sure how I feel overall...

Instead of an unnamed soldiers we now have named operators with unique gadgets. (Grappling hook, riot shields, turret, etc...)

Bigger maps but smaller squads? Looks like its only going to be 4 in a squad. My favourite battlefield memories are breaking behind enemy lines in a squad of 5 or 6 and back capping. Then holding off the enemy team. 

The calling in a tank to get airdropped at your position looks cool but just hope its balanced and not call in a drop anywhere any time lol.

Oh well will have to wait a see. Hopefully ends up being a good game to jump on with a squad of clannies to have some laughs &/or serious ish games.

Wait for the beta i guess. Gotta remember aswell this footage is pre alpha :/ the subreddit had an aneurysm over everything shown in the trailer haha

This might just be the game that gets me back on the BF bandwagon. Mostly skipped 4, hardline, one and five. 

Just give me some kind of crows nest that costs a jet to get to and annoys team mates and enemies alike and ill be happy.

....Or some nosehair canals

31 minutes ago, Mr Spontaneous said:

This might just be the game that gets me back on the BF bandwagon. Mostly skipped 4, hardline, one and five. 

Just give me some kind of crows nest that costs a jet to get to and annoys team mates and enemies alike and ill be happy.

....Or some nosehair canals

I just hope they let me put slugs and an 8x scope on shotguns to counter snipe people like you 😝

3 hours ago, Penchamus said:

I just hope they let me put slugs and an 8x scope on shotguns to counter snipe people like you 😝

This was the pinnacle of BF3, the ultimate chad setup. 

Portal sounds good. Should keep things fresh for a long time. Feeling a little bit hyped now there's interesting things to do in it.

Now they just need to not screw up the netcode. Open beta in September.