Sign in to follow this  
MiniSanders

WiFi Cameras

Since Shrive's wanted a post over here rather than just using Discord as it should be used... I will give him something to add to his post count. 

But on topic... 

I am looking at getting some WiFi security cameras for a couple of uses around the house. (Watching the 3D printer in the shed, and keeping an eye on the dog) 

But I don't trust the Amazon Ring cameras due to them having full access to the video, so was hoping for something a bit better.

Does anyone have anything that they recommend?

8 minutes ago, MiniSanders said:

Since Shrive's wanted a post over here rather than just using Discord as it should be used...

How dare you! I want this saved so in ten years when I finally have a house I can refer back to this post and see what ancient technology should now be cheap on Ebay.

And don't you trust Amazon? Haha. Haven't they been put through the ringer lately about their security cameras (pun definitely intended).

I'd also be interested to see what people have - I've been thinking about getting some to connect to the Synology NAS we've got, so it can just dump footage straight there.

1 hour ago, Decroxx said:

I'd also be interested to see what people have - I've been thinking about getting some to connect to the Synology NAS we've got, so it can just dump footage straight there.

Yeah that's probably what I'd do if I ever bought some.

The best home defence is a good offence. I hightly recommend the Beretta under and over with a new set of whammy shells.

Edited by Dallyfergo