MasterShrive

Elite Dangerous

I managed to fly myself there... and then I looked to see where I could buy the required stuff.

I think I flew past about 3 systems that I should have stopped at. Looks like closest system is about 35ly away that has any of the required supplies.

1 hour ago, MiniSanders said:

I managed to fly myself there... and then I looked to see where I could buy the required stuff.

I think I flew past about 3 systems that I should have stopped at. Looks like closest system is about 35ly away that has any of the required supplies.

Yeah, according to EDDB, I found that its anywhere between 30-50LY for pretty much anything required from Chamas. Did a few runs in my Type-9 yesterday (which for the duration of the community goal, transferred to Denton Dock so then I can fly a smaller ship there, then switch to the "brick" for the deliveries, collecting about 740 tons each run), but I'm planning on doing more since I was in the Top 10%, but fell back to the Top 25% (currently at 5,108 total delivered), and it's still only at Tier 2, so the numbers will more than likely keep going up, necessitating the need to complete more trips if I want to be in the higher bracket for the higher credit reward.

For Grain and Fruit & Vegetables, I went to Cooper Station in Salibala (44.84LY)

For Fish, I went to Wakata Port in Indras (44.99LY)

For Synthetic Meat, I went to Melvin Terminal in Asturindjin (43.03LY)

I did 2 trips (1 with my Type 6... which I then sold and bought an Asp Explorer for the second trip)

So now I have delivered 200 synthetic meats from Ngandins (? or something similar)

Gets me into the lowest tier only. Need to make a push to get myself into the next tier.

Nice. I went back in the other day and got myself to 10,360, moving me back to the Top 10%... for now. Though Top 10 CMDR's is more than approx. 39k total to achieve that. And with it being at tier 4/8 with just over a day left, hopefully the numbers don't jump much higher, but if I had to, I'll get a few more runs if there's time left.

The Community Goals section on Inara usually has the estimated numbers required for each bracket, which is useful for getting a general idea of how much you'll need to deliver for each tier.

So I should get back to core mining until I get a few billion credits? Have they said how much they will cost and to outfit?

They look amazing. I didn't know there was "smaller" ones, like the mining and mercenary. 

26 minutes ago, Phobos said:

So I should get back to core mining until I get a few billion credits? Have they said how much they will cost and to outfit?

They look amazing. I didn't know there was "smaller" ones, like the mining and mercenary. 

They've only said "large amount of credits". Considering that it's a personal ship (one per CMDR) rather than a squadron/group ship, and the Imperial Cutter is around 208 million (currently the most expensive ship in the game), I would definitely think the cost will be in the billions for sure. They have said that after the September update, they'll go into more detail on the financial side of things.

And the support ships are separate, and accompanies the carrier, which can be swapped out for specific operations. They'll determine what is available in ship outfitting, as well as services. So with the mining support vessel for example, it would be cool if it included a commodities market, so you could park in a system, mine nearby rings, head back to the carrier, sell what you mined, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Predz

I just noticed a new Community Goal went up yesterday.

Time left:
5D 10H 12M

More info can be found at https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/

I now need to work out how far away from the goal I currently am.

Seeing that its in early days, i just finished up doing a few runs delivering thallium, 2.1k units so far so that puts me in the top 25%... but as i said its in early days so i'll keep checking in on it over the next coming days. Also Predz has created a squadron aswell for those interested  

Yeah, I was feeling nostalgic and named it "Scarface Squadron", which was from the original Ace Combat game on the PS1 (or Air Combat as it was called here). Unlike the last squadron, I have made this one independent, so you can join any power if you participate in the Powerplay stuff. Whenever you're playing and either TheLaw or myself are online, we can send you an invite to join.

I'm sitting in the Top 25% at 3,700 delivered for the CG, it has reached Tier 3 with just under a day and a half left at the time of posting. Inara has updated the rewards for the brackets on the site.

https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/

Edited by Predz

Also, the next update has been confirmed for September 18th, and is adding a fully voiced tutorial, the premium Arx currency for purchasing in-game extras/ship cosmetics, which is a re-branding of the Frontier Points that the console versions have used, and the option to buy the items from their website with real money will also be replaced with Arx (FDev has said previously that they would be giving us more info on how we earn Arx while playing the game at some point leading up to the update's release) & the ability to customise your ship's livery from the main menu, even if you're weren't docked at a station when you last logged off, which is good for explorers.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/lavecon-2019-content-reveal.516705/#post-7883919 - Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal, which includes the details regarding the September patch

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/arx-faq.516706/ - Arx FAQ

20 hours ago, Noods said:

That regular price can't be correct can it?

I think someone fat fingered the price. Normally $189.95 according to other retailers.

2 hours ago, bprc said:

I think someone fat fingered the price. Normally $189.95 according to other retailers.

I sure hope so or either thats the deal of the century that used to be the rip off of the century! 

I've watched the replay of the Content Reveal Livestream from Frontier for the September Update, and here's a few things in regards to ARX (there is the stuff about the tutorial as well, so I'll leave the links to the forum post about the livestream)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/content-reveal-livestream-september-update-recap.521523/page-2#post-7998002

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/arx-and-frontier-points-conversion.521520/

A few key points in regards to ARX

1. There is a cap of 400 Arx/week, which can be earned by just playing the game (No word on if any certain activity gives more than others or anything like that)
  2. There will be 6 ARX pack tiers: 5.81 AUD (5000), 10.17 AUD (8400 +420 bonus), 18.90 AUD (16800 +900 bonus), 27.63 AUD (25500 +1300 bonus), 58.19 AUD (51000 +3000 bonus) & 87.30 AUD (85000 +15000 bonus) *These amounts are based on the current conversion rate from USD at the time of posting*
  3. Buying anything from the Frontier Store website for Elite will require ARX instead of direct Credit Card/Paypal transactions

Edit: FDev posted again with the average ARX costs for cosmetics - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/arx-and-frontier-points-conversion.521520/page-15

Here's the amounts if you don't want to check the original thread post,

Decals - 50 to 150 ARX

Individual Fighter and SRV Paint Jobs - 460 to 3280 ARX

Individual Ship Paint Jobs - 620 to 5,520 ARX

Individual Bobbleheads – 2,450 to 6,450 ARX

COVAS – 8,850 ARX

Ship Kits (sold in Bundles) – 11,750 to 13,520 ARX

Edited by Predz
Estimated costs of cosmetics with ARX released

Patch notes are out! - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/september-update-downtime-and-patch-notes.521859/

Servers went down at 6pm for the update, and won't be back up until around 3am, so if I'm still up, I'll be taking a look at the changes. I'm curious to see the rate ARX are given.

Also @TheLaw, they've fixed AI's not appearing after they interdict you (Hopefully it stops the interdiction banging drum solo with no payoff...)

17 hours ago, Predz said:

Also @TheLaw, they've fixed AI's not appearing after they interdict you (Hopefully it stops the interdiction banging drum solo with no payoff...)

You mean i wont be able to do this?

JointWeightyGermanshorthairedpointer-sma

Nah that's cool, once im better and this viral infection pisses off, i'll jump back into it! 

Welp, servers didn't come back online until 4:30 this morning, patch waas about 3.4 GB, downloaded it and had a bit of a look before I ended up going to bed, then had another go when I got up today.

And... they done broke engineering (Both remote and on-site). If I try to do any engineering, the UI locks up and then requires a re-log or opening the engineers menu from the right hand panel takes me back to the station menu. Some players have been able to do experimental effects without problems, but I haven't gone to an engineer base yet to attempt it myself. There's also a visual bug that makes it look like any stored modules you have engineered are stock again, though I managed to transfer the module to a ship, and the engineered stats were there as normal.

And to see how much ARX I got while playing, I took 4 Pirate Assassination missions in a neighbouring system. I ended up doing a few jumps, as 2 of them required finding a contact to get the traget's new location, which was another 2 systems I needed to jump to. After destroying 6 ships, jumping around and that. I ended up with 29 ARX when I turned the missions in, then made another 11 doing some mining, totaling about 40 in about maybe 3-4 hours of play. It has reset the weekly limit for me with the Thursday maintenance earlier.

And speaking of mining, it's broken now... When I jumped back on after maintenance, I started getting a server error whenever a collector limpet would bring a mined material back to the cargo scoop, and after it happened 3 times with Void Opal Cores, I went and sold the rest of the opals & LT Diamonds I had from earlier (which gave me another 16 ARX by the looks of it, as well as 2 for Exploration) and gonna take a break, and hope that FDev can get a patch out to fix some of the issues.