MasterShrive

Elite Dangerous

22 hours ago, MiniSanders said:

k - is now bound to standard interplanetary thrusters, while J is still the auto select between hyperspace and interplanetary

Is that supercruise in the controls? As I might copy this.

Are you on the standard keyboard and mouse? Or standard keyboard and mouse with yaw? And can anyone explain the difference between the two?

Yes supercruise it is, I couldn't remember the name when I was writing that.

And mine is without yaw... as I wasn't 100% sure what it was

Shrive's auto docking computer had a hissy fit and wasn't working, so the digger had to land manually... 

20190723222734_1.jpg

Recommendation: Dont travel over 300 light years to get a vital component for a mission to then swap your cargo hold for a fuel tank on the way back so the return trip goes a bit quicker, only to find out that said important component must have been in the cargo hold I decided to swap out  :oops:  

travelled out to see the Voyager probes. 2.3 million light seconds away from earth. Now to track down New Horizons. 

20190727163915_1.jpg

I decided to try a different ship... I now own a Dolphin...

It handles like a dream, too bad it can only have 2 size 1 hardpoints...

Now to try my hand at some passenger trips around the galaxy

On 7/27/2019 at 4:42 PM, TheLaw said:

travelled out to see the Voyager probes. 2.3 million light seconds away from earth. Now to track down New Horizons. 

20190727163915_1.jpg

That is pretty awesome that you can go and find these things.

Dolphin is great to fly... and passenger trips make some good money without much fuss really...

Managed to make 1.5m last night in 3 trips and about 45 minutes.

Only had some fun with my last trip as I took it and didn't realise I was taking a wanted person around the stars... had to keep myself from being scanned, but otherwise nothing worrying

5 hours ago, MiniSanders said:

Dolphin is great to fly... and passenger trips make some good money without much fuss really...

Managed to make 1.5m last night in 3 trips and about 45 minutes.

Only had some fun with my last trip as I took it and didn't realise I was taking a wanted person around the stars... had to keep myself from being scanned, but otherwise nothing worrying

I used to have the Dolphin, twas a good little ship (Had the Beluga Liner twice, overheating turd, though I didn't do much in the way of engineering in an attempt to mitigate the heat when using the FSD. Plus it's hobby is getting stuck in station doors). Nowadays for passenger runs, I just use the Anaconda or the Corvette (if I need to cook some pirate fools along the way...)

Passenger missions can be pretty good money. I've mostly done the bulk ones (Transport Tourists, Politicians, Prisoners etc.), couple of jumps, get a mil or two out of them. Always have a laugh when some pirate faction offers me around 20k to sell them as slaves...

*J Jonah Jameson Laugh* You Serious!

I used to do sightseeing ones (can be a decent bit of money), but thankfully I didn't blindly take the ones who are going to Colonia (22,000 LY away). Travelling to the Guardian sites (up to 1,000 LY) are enough for me right now.

In saying that, I do want to try and make the Colonia run one day.

P.S. - TheLaw was docked in Spring Gateway, and he tells me he heard weapons fire in or near the station. Originally, I thought it might have been a fight outside the station with someone who got scanned. So I'm coming in for auto dock, when I see a chunk of metal fly past the entryway. Once I get inside, there's this hunk of what used to be a Beluga Liner (the previously mentioned "overheating turd") floating around the docking bay... sounds about right with those big asses on them, probs got stuck. One got stuck in the station exit a while ago, had to push it out with the nose of my 'Vette (nearly got fined myself while doing it!)

Haha... right stay away form the Beluga and stay with my little Dolphin...

I kept my Cobra just in case I wanted to do some police following / "helping"

I'm thinking I might end up selling the Cobra to get a Vulture as my fighter craft... also at this rate I will never get a bigger ship :grin:

Well I got the Vulture last night. I had forgotten how bloody quick that thing steers, so easy to keep anyone within targetting range.

Also I had forgotten just how shits its fuel tank and jump range are... lots of short jumps with lots of fuel scooping.

Thanks to @Predz and @TheLaw for the extra credits last night when sharing missions... helped me with getting the Vulture up to a respectable spec.

Nah all good Mini! Happy to help you guys out and get some credits to get those better and sweeter ships! 

That looks amazing.

I have been getting my brother into it lately... Managed to find a short trade route doing Basic Meds currently where we are buying for 230cr and selling for 4,900cr...

And it is a quick trip both ends and only about 7ly between the solar systems. It is very nice making about 460,000cr per trip in my T6

Means we have managed to get him into a Cobra, making the game way more fun for him.

So, I saw my first Thargoid Interceptor (A Basilisk variant)

And then it flew up to me and said "Hi!" from my right side window, with a nice little scan, seeing if I'm holding any of it's race's property in my cargo hold... Sure, I had nothing, so it just flew off and went back to attacking the megaship and...

*proceeds to speed off with as much boost as possible and supercruise outta there*

"Now that's what I call a close encounter!" - Captain Steven Hiller, Independence Day

20190806160947_1.jpg

20190806160333_1.jpg

We need to kick some bug butt xD

Very cool though, I've seen some vids years ago about how they look. I'd be boosting out too.

Edited by Phobos

So, I've disbanded the squadron that TheLaw and I made, with plans to create a new one that those of us that play could join, and to prepare for the planned release of squadron fleet carriers in the December update. Any suggestions for a name?

P.S - TheLaw voted for Team Super Cool

P.P.S - I still voted for Team Alpha Wolf Squadron

Edited by Predz