MasterShrive

Elite Dangerous

Patch 3 for the September Update is out - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/september-update-patch-3.526140/

Also, a new Interstellar Initiative "The Scourge", has begun.

Phase 1 (10/10 to 16/10) - Pesticides, synthetic reagents and grain to be delivered to Watson Station in the Orerve system, and Shifnalport in the Diso system. - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-scourge-overview-of-phases.526250/

Edited by Predz

Okay, got a couple of things,

First, Phase 3 of "The Scourge" has started, but unlike the first two that were cargo related, this one involves combat. - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-scourge-overview-of-phases.526250/post-8099366

Second, FDev has posted a Community Update in regards to future updates. - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/community-update-22-10.527123/

A few key points in regards to the update,

- Fleet Carriers have been delayed to Q2 2020, as the focus has been moved to fixing bugs/issues that persist in the game, especially after the September Update. I'd guess that more info on Fleet Carrier pricing, features etc. won't be coming out until after the first minor update.

- Public Betas for updates are being brought back for all major and minor updates, starting in December for the first minor update releasing in early 2020. Minor updates are planned for release every 3-4 months.

- The paid Major Update is still on track for release towards the end of next year, and they should start releasing information about what's being added around Q3 2020.

Damn, delayed until Q2. So we're still good with void opal mining being a great way to earn credits? I'm still worried they'll change it before carriers drop.

17 hours ago, Phobos said:

Damn, delayed until Q2. So we're still good with void opal mining being a great way to earn credits? I'm still worried they'll change it before carriers drop.

just don't go mining in a wing... its broken.... very very broken 

Edited by TheLaw

Yeah, wing mining is broken, makes seismic charges detonate instantly, so you cant build up to a proper yield. Maybe with the renewed focus on fixing bugs, they can possibly fix that one. Probably wouldn't affect Surface mining for Painite etc.

And Void Opal mining is still paying out approx 1.6 mil/ton at some stations, so I've still made good money off it. Spent most of the day doing it a few weeks back, and ended up with over 700 mil with 512t in a Cutter.

There is currently some new decals that have been released on the store (150 Arx each), which are limited time for Halloween, and they glow!

Facebook album link in spoiler, showing the glow effect when in the dark.

Also, there is a decal for the current Interstellar Initiative that you can get if you dock at one of the 6 stations distributing the Agronomic Treatment for the current Community Goal. I'm not 100% sure if you have to sign up to the CG to get the decal (which I did), though I had it in my unlocked decals after I had landed. The current CG ends at approx. 5:30pm AEST/6:30pm AEDT on the 30th of October.

- Conway City, LTT 4961
- George Lucas, Leesti
- Thomson Orbital, Lansbury
- Cousin Ring, Tjindjin
- Margulis Station, CD-44 10336
- Nourse City, Esumindii

latest?cb=20191025015104

Edited by Predz

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-golconda-overview-of-phases.528650/

A few days ago, "The Golconda", one of the "generation ships" launched from Sol in the late 21st/early 22nd century (https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Generation_Ship), was found intact. Unlike some other discovered ships, this one has people still living onboard. And with this discovery, comes a new Interstellar Initiative. While it does have some of the usual community goals involving delivering materials to the system where the ship is located (Upaniklis), the 2nd phase sounds pretty good, as both the Federation & Empire want to build a planetary base for the colonists aboard, with the added incentive of rewards for the superpower that manages to get the most materials for the new base.

- Phase 1 (8 November) -

The independent faction, Upaniklis Vision Incorporated, has tabled a motion to provide much needed aid to the denizens of The Golconda. Meanwhile, criminal elements prepare their ships in a bid to exploit the supply convoys.

This will mark the beginning of two Community Goals:

Trade Community Goal - Deliver Basic Medicines, Advanced Medicines, Aluminium, Ceramic Composites, and Semiconductors to Fozard Port in the Upaniklis system.

Bounty Hunting Community Goal - Deliver Bounty vouchers to Fozard Port in the Upaniklis system.

Start Date - 8 November @ 15:00 (UTC)

End Date - 14 November @ 15:00 (UTC)

Soon after, Imperial and Federation megaships will move into the system and prepare their own plans to support The Golconda.

- Phase 2 (18 November) -

The Empire and Federation each pledge to help, but with different opposing approaches.

The Empire seeks to provide the former colonists with a planetside home, helping them fulfil their original mission. They would provide full member status to the colony and help them become self-sustaining through teaching agriculture techniques.

The Federation, however, seeks to honour the colonist's unique culture and provide them with an outpost of their own, allowing them to remain a permanent space colony. Landing pads would allow direct trade and help the colonists remain stocked with medicines and supplies.

Two competing initiatives are set up, with the superpower with the most materials received winning the favour of the Golconda colonists.

Empire Trade Community Goal - Deliver Polymers, CMM Composites, Titanium, Beryllium, and Thallium to the Empire Megaship, in the Upaniklis system.

Federation Trade Community Goal - Deliver Polymers, CMM Composites, Titanium, Beryllium, and Thallium to Federation Megaship, in the Upaniklis system.

Start Date - 18 November @ 15:00 (UTC)

End Date - 26 November @ 15:00 (UTC)

- Interstellar Initiative Rewards -

Only one of the two opposing Superpowers may be victorious in this Interstellar Initiative. Backing a specific Superpower will result in different rewards:

If the Empire are successful:

- An Empire-affiliated Planetary Port will be added to the Upaniklis system.

- From 5 December to 16 December, any Empire Rank will be earned at a double rate alongside a discount to Imperial ships.

- A Rare Good, Apa Vietii, will be introduced and become available for purchase at the new Planetary Port.

- 'The Golconda' decal will be available to commanders who dock at the Planetary Port from 5 December to 16 December.

If the Federation are successful:

- A Federation-affiliated Outpost will be added to the Upaniklis system.

- From 5 December to 16 December, any Federation Rank will be earned at an double rate alongside a discount to Federal ships.

- A Rare Good, Apa Vietii, will be introduced and become available for purchase at the new Outpost.

- 'The Golconda' decal will be available to commanders who dock at the Outpost from 5 December to 16 December.

Phase 2 has started, and as of posting, the Feds are in front. I'm planning on doing some runs for them over the Imps, as I know some who would like some double Federal Navy rank-earning goodness (Being pledged to an Imp powerplay faction is mainly for the Prismatic Shielding).

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/january-update-beta-announcement.530478/

Frontier has announced the dates for the January Update beta (27/11 - 2/12). The update itself is scheduled for release towards the end of January. Some of the fixes/changes have been highlighted in the post, as well as confirmation of proper patch notes, that should be released sometime next week. While there are some fixes that are good to see, wing mining with seismic charges malfunctioning isn't one of them... It's mentioned for future updates, but still...

Also on the Community Goal front, contributions for the Feds (Tier 7/8, I've delivered just over 12k for the Feds myself) are more than doubling the Imps' numbers (Tier 4/8). So at this rate, anyone who wants a Federal Corvette, the upcoming double navy rank earnings in December will be very helpful.

https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/

"And that's all she wrote..."

Imperial CG

Tier 4/8

1,713 contributors

5,597,738t contributed

Federal CG

Tier 8/8

3,828 contributors

15,000,061t contributed (14,036t myself)

And with that, here's a recap of the rewards,

- A Federation-affiliated Outpost will be added to the Upaniklis system.

- From 5 December to 16 December, any Federation Rank will be earned at an double rate alongside a discount to Federal ships.

- A Rare Good, Apa Vietii, will be introduced and become available for purchase at the new Outpost.

- 'The Golconda' decal will be available to commanders who dock at the Outpost or the Federal megaship from 5 December to 16 December.

Definitely gonna pick up the Federal Dropship & Assault Ship to complete my collection when the discounts come into effect. Maybe even another Corvette for good measure.

The patch notes have dropped for the January update - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/january-update-beta-patch-notes.531068/ (Some of it is experimental stuff, like the changes to scanning planets for bio/geological sites)

While there are a couple of things I'm glad to see has been added/fixed (Able to rescue NPC crew members if your ship is destroyed & a fix for deep core wing mining), there is one change that is sort of... iffy.

Added supply and demand volumes for certain, high-end minerals. Now, trading goods such as Void Opals is more realistic; markets can still offer a high buy price, but they will offer less as demand is met. As part of this change, these high-end minerals will now be demanded more by specific economy types. This change will affect the following commodities:

- Alexandrite

- Benitoite

- Grandidierite

- Low Temperature Diamond

- Monazite

- Musgravite

- Painite

- Rhodplumsite

- Serendibite

- Void Opal

Either it's the inevitable "mining nerf" that many feared would eventually come, or it means that if you don't find any mining "hot spots" close to a station that is selling at a higher price (which could also end up with a lower sell price as it's demand is met, if you're doing an extended mining session), it could lead to travelling to another station further away, possibly requiring a fuel scoop or several refuel stops (if you have a ship with limited internals). So yeah, don't know about this one...

I thought for a change of pace, I'd post something a bit different.

So a while ago, I finally bought a Vulture. And... now I can see why they are good!. Found a build with 2 Engineered Grade 3 Plasma Accelerators, and while they're fixed, if I can get a pirate in a large ship, close the distance with them and out of their weapon's sight lines & mess them up something fierce!.

I jumped on tonight and I had some ARX built up, so I though I'd take a look and see what's on offer, and I found this paint job for the Vulture. Quite a nice one if I do say so myself!

20191204234626_1.jpg

Edited by Predz

The Vulture is amazing for 1 thing, and that is hunting... Jumping between systems, cargo or anythign else it sucks at. But get it in a situation where you can go hunting pirates and it will just destroy most things with ease. 

I love my Vulture, but with it being so limited I don't use it as much as I would like. 

And that paint job looks awesome... I really should jump back in, but time for games seems so small lately. 

Yeah, that's understandable.

The discounts on Fed ships & the 2x navy rank is active atm (until the 16th). Though I already reached Admiral beforehand, didn't stop me from picking up my 2nd Corvette (One for combat & one for cargo), the Dropship & Assault Ship (to round out the collection) & ended up getting a second Gunship as well, decking it out with seeker missiles, which made me defect to another Powerplay faction (Li-Yong Rui), so once I reach the 4 week requirement, I can buy the Pack Hound seeker missiles to replace the regular ones.

Elite Dangerous 5th Anniversary (12th - 18th December)https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/join-us-for-the-elite-dangerous-5th-anniversary.532482/

Two new CG's are active during this event,

Protection for Year's End Festivities (Bounty Hunting) - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/protection-for-years-end-festivities-bounty-hunting.532625/

Imports for Year's End Festivities (Rares/Trade) - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/imports-for-years-end-festivities-rares-trade.532623/

Participating in either of the CG's gives you the Iridescent Gleam paint job for the Cobra MKIII

Spoiler

iridescenthighcolour_02_forc_fdev_v_cobr

Festive Countdown 2019 (13th - 25th December) - Login each day for free ARX, that doesn't count to the weekly limit & the amounts increase closer to the 25th - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/festive-countdown-2019.532694/

I reached the 4th week being pledged to Li-Yong Rui, so I could get myself some Pack-Hound Missile Launchers (It's a Medium Seeker Missile Launcher, but fires multiple "drunk" missiles at once, which shortly after, activate their homing capabilities). I put 4 of them on a Federal Gunship, along with some Beam Lasers for taking down shields, then unleashing the missiles on their hulls. I uploaded a video to my Youtube account, fighting a pirate in a Python, using the Gunship with the missiles.

(I couldn't help but have the C&C Generals reference in there)

Yeah, they go pretty good, and they aren't fully engineered yet (grade 3 High Capacity with Oversized experimental, which adds 6% more damage, with a slight power draw increase)

Another advantage they have over regular seeker missile launchers, is that normally they only fire 1 at a time, and any ship with Point Defence utility modules (which is most NPC pirates at higher ranks) can usually destroy them before they can do any damage. With the Pack-Hounds, they fire 4 each (and on the Gunship with 4 launchers, so 16 at once), those same Point Defence modules are going to have a harder time to stop all of them, so while their damage isn't as high, the amount of them improves the chances to hit.

Earlier, I did another 1/2 dozen Pirate assassinations (including 2 Federal Corvette's), and these things did the job very well.

Frontier is releasing the January Update on the 14th - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/community-update-january-3306.534906/

I'll link the patch notes from the beta for the time being (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/january-update-beta-patch-notes.531068/), but I'll post a link for the final patch notes when they are available.