Sign in to follow this  
Duckz

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

2 hours ago, MiniSanders said:

People play COD for something other than Warzone?

We have mainly been playing Normal COD multiplayer.  All the old favs TDM, Kill Confirmed, Domination etc.

So over the Battle Royal format. You actually get to do some shooting in normal COD.

Have been getting the Battle Pass and been really fun unlocking all the Gun Attachments and Skins etc, so been plenty of content to keep the interest up.  By the end of one Battle pass you usually have accumulated enough COD Points for the next one so have only needed to buy the first one so far.

Plus there really is nothing else new that has come out to take me away from the game at the moment so has lasted a lot longer then I thought a COD game ever would considering I'm usually into the more Hardcore Tactical shooters like Squad and Escape from Tarkov. 

I'd like to play but amongst the renovations we are doing here. Our net has decided to stop working..... which I've put it down to the direct service line, hopefully, Helstra can fix it soon

1 hour ago, Noods said:

We have mainly been playing Normal COD multiplayer.  All the old favs TDM, Kill Confirmed, Domination etc.

So over the Battle Royal format. You actually get to do some shooting in normal COD.

Have been getting the Battle Pass and been really fun unlocking all the Gun Attachments and Skins etc, so been plenty of content to keep the interest up.  By the end of one Battle pass you usually have accumulated enough COD Points for the next one so have only needed to buy the first one so far.

Plus there really is nothing else new that has come out to take me away from the game at the moment so has lasted a lot longer then I thought a COD game ever would considering I'm usually into the more Hardcore Tactical shooters like Squad and Escape from Tarkov. 

I should point out in the 16 odd years I've known Mini I've never been able to convince him to take up CoD.

10 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

Thoughts on the longevity?

As long as it takes for a new cod to come out. I just really wanted to play a game with people and my overwatch crew switches to cod.

I highly recommend the single player though.

There are a few missions that are close to all ghillied up level.  

9 hours ago, Blueberry said:

As long as it takes for a new cod to come out. I just really wanted to play a game with people and my overwatch crew switches to cod.

Very interesting to know. I'll keep an eye out for it on sale.

18 hours ago, Blueberry said:

I've played that one house clearing level so many times ive lost count. 

I'm not a fan of Warzone, but I'm not completely opposed to playing it. Beware tho, downloading Warzone downloads all 180gb. I get that its tied into the main game, but they could of at least let the user choose what they download as the Halo MCC has an option for users to either just download the SP or both MP and SP. 

19 hours ago, TheLaw said:

@Noods

Turns out JackFrags also did a video based on the FMJ theory. 

Sweet well that answers my question!

Edited by Noods

Season 4 for CoD has been delayed due to the current situation unfolding in the States. A lot of people are very very angry about the delay. At the end of the day.. "y u heff to be mad, its only game" 

EZeC0ssUcAAlyNO?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, I'm not sure they need to get mad about this. Bigger issues to deal with currently. Just a bit of perspective.

Maybe I'm just getting old and cynical, but when this sort of announcement happens, I can't help but imagine a meeting happening in the Marketing team where they go "Wow, this is a terrible time to launch our next season, no one will buy it!"

It always feels like a sales decision rather than an actual social justice statement.

1 hour ago, Decroxx said:

Maybe I'm just getting old and cynical, but when this sort of announcement happens, I can't help but imagine a meeting happening in the Marketing team where they go "Wow, this is a terrible time to launch our next season, no one will buy it!"

It always feels like a sales decision rather than an actual social justice statement.

Oh yes, I agree. Surely money is a factor there.

I saw that Sony has delayed their upcoming announcement about the PS5 as well.

5 hours ago, Decroxx said:

I have to agree actually.. the more I think about it the more your comment makes sense. Would not put it past them to delay it because of $$$

Its also about creating that good ol' company goodwill, which also equals money and is definitely a marketing decision 

Make it look like they are a socially conscious company etc etc, and avoid any backlash from releasing something which is Violent in nature in the current climate in the US at the moment. 

Yet, they're fine to let the current player base play the current season.

It stinks of marketing BS. If they're serious, shut the servers down.

45 minutes ago, bprc said:

Yet, they're fine to let the current player base play the current season.

It stinks of marketing BS. If they're serious, shut the servers down.

That would be one hell of a statement. And impressive one, but also a great way to paint a target on their back.

I wonder if any games/publishers had considered doing something along those lines.

Rockstar shutdown GTA online and Red Dead online for a few hours in the American afternoon. People just called it out as a maintenance disguise and shamed Rockstar for it, so didnt really work out for them the way they wanted.