Sign in to follow this  
Duckz

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

I had a few issues with the 32v32 mode, main complaint being that no one was PTFOing and just camping on C, however the other modes were as expected, i enjoyed them alot more than "ground war". 

The SP trailer dropped aswell, and im pretty hyped for the game... first cod game since Black Ops that im actually hyped for, 

18 hours ago, Dallyfergo said:

Like @Phobos, I was extremely pissed about jumping throw the hoops of creating an Activision account. 

However I pushed on and gave the game a go even after being deafened by the intro.

The guns and movement of the game felt like normal COD pretty smooth not bad but honestly thats about the only good thing I can say.

The Battle field rip off game mode has the same issue as battle field where tanks sit on the edge of the map and are about impossible to destrory without some serious team cordination.

I enjoyed other game modes more. However found it pretty frustrating dying to this pussy rockets which basically have no counter. Yes R6 Siege has perks/gadgets but they have multiple counters and are pretty easy to deal with.

Finally I dont consider sitting in a corner dark corner with a shotgun sweaty... its sad and it makes me sick to my god damn stomach, that kids think its acceptable. Maybe they should ask mummy and daddy for an uninstallation. Counter stike is sweaty. R6 Siege is sweaty. fistful of frags is hella sweaty maybe even sweatier than sweat itself. COD is basic the dog that ate rat bait and now it doesn't know which way to go.

I think I'll be sticking with my request for a mountain bike this christmas.

TL/DR: 10/10 - IGN

I liked it. 

Probably going to get it. Nothing else really coming out in the near future FPS wise that has me excited and I'm bored of all the games ive got. 

With a few refinements will be a lot better. Agree with the tanks issues but better map design and a few tweaks will solve it i feel.

All the killstreak perks do get to you after a while and make it impossible to go outside but again they just need to adjust it or allow for a few different game modes that really tone that shit down. 

Best COD i have played in a long time (which isn't saying a great deal) and I got enough enjoyment out of the beta.

You pay the same price on pc for one less mode than than the ps4 version. Loot boxes have been confirmed, and there is a source saying that they may have weapons in the loot-boxes, not just cosmetics. 

ima go out of my way to pirate this one. 

The loot boxes have me on a 50/50, wasn't really fussed on the PvE mode but thats still a kick in the teeth to the players who did want to get the game for the SP and the PvE mode. 

All the killstreak perks do get to you after a while and make it impossible to go outside but again they just need to adjust it or allow for a few different game modes that really tone that shit down. 

This i agree with, as i mentioned i played a few rounds of the 32v32, this issue being one of my issues with the 32v32

Edited by TheLaw

3 hours ago, TheLaw said:

The loot boxes have me on a 50/50, wasn't really fussed on the PvE mode but thats still a kick in the teeth to the players who did want to get the game for the SP and the PvE mode. 

Players like me, the 1-year Survival Mode exclusivity was one hell of a kick in the teeth! In that case, I'll just play MW3 for that instead.

Since by the time it comes out, next year's CoD will be close to release, and the majority will move over to it...

8 hours ago, Blueberry said:

ima go out of my way to pirate this one. 

Let me know where you find it and I'll just get my infinite NBN to go nuts as well, haha.

Sooooooooooooo did any clannies end up getting it? I know it requires an active intenet connection for the SP and MP, in saying that tho i do plan on getting this tomorrow. 

@AussieNinja159 and myself grabbed it and have been playing it. Solid campaign, fantastic visuals and gameplay. We have both started slogging it out in the multiplayer and so far quite enjoying it, solid experience with fantastic immersion especially the sound design, its remarkable. bit of a challenge sometimes but once ya get settled its pretty fun, the ground war mode (battlefield conquest) is a big win, really spices it up. I strongly recommend it, best COD experience ive had since MW2 back in 2009. so thats saying something.

This does interest me... but I'm not sure I'd get time to play it to get my money's worth (not that that has stopped me buying games in the past). If there was a large enough contingent playing I'd certainly consider it.

I was hoping to "get" a copy of this to play the campaign, as it looks really good from what I've seen online, but since BO4 was on Battle.net and it never got a "release", then I don't see MW getting one either.

So I may end up getting this at some point.

1 hour ago, MasterShrive said:

Okay, who has this so far? And what are the positives and negatives of the game?

Thoughts. 

Singleplayer was bloody amazing, enjoyed every aspect of it. 

Multiplayer, the SBMM (Skilled based match making) is very much broken at the moment, along with a few weapons that are indeed OP.. mainly the 725 (farmers shotgun) and my beloved M4 along with some others. Some maps play very well, others do not and promote camping. 

my favorite modes would be Domination TDM and HQ (Well that one depends on the team at the time) Id be down for some RtD clan stomping any time. Can also do private matches so can have inter clan scrims 

Looks like they have Nerfed the 725! Thank the Gods. That was pretty game breaking. Whole games with every single person running it lol.

14 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

Hardpoint certainly sounds interesting. The HQ of old.

How many people can be in a private match? I presume it's P2P?

20 i believe good sir. And im not sure if its p2p, i host private matches with my brother and his house mate (who are on Xbox) and they both get a ping of 24 and i get a ping 9 so possible dedicated? 

15 minutes ago, Ra_Panda said:

I for one feel personally targeted by the nerfing

Yes you were on board the shootgun express.

I personally refused to stoop to that lvl :-P

I think i will do what i do almost every year, wait until the new one comes out and buy last years on sale ( CoD: WWII is currently $35) and play the SP.

RIP :cry1:

I guess their celebration of the first "content drop" deserves a bigger price cut then the Black Friday sale

33% off the Standard Edition until December 9th.

codmw.thumb.jpg.bdc4a69187274b7fbd211decea2795e7.jpg

So who has downloaded the new Free Warzone mode?
I'm currently downloading the 85GB of game now, will be interesting to see if the "free" angle helps them take some market share of the BR game mode