Sign in to follow this  
MiniSanders

Possible GPU Upgrade

1 hour ago, MasterShrive said:

While AMD have taken it to Intel, they'll have to do a lot of work to make waves before the 30 series.

100% agree, the advantage they have is that they are the supplier to the GPUs being used in both new consoles... so games will be designed with their hardware in mind for lots of games. 

I don't think they can take it to NVidia for high end cards just yet, but mid range they are fairly close.

I currently have the 5700XT, and I am still really happy with it, hasn't missed a beat in the time I have had it, it was either it or the 2060 at the time, and it was ahead in that battle. 

4 hours ago, MiniSanders said:

I see AMD are releasing info on their RDNA2 cards late October, and the next series of Ryzen CPUs early October

Mate I'm all for that mountain bike! Also, why did they have to announce the announcement for the announcement? Are AMD DJs now? building up the hype before the drop haha  

15 hours ago, MiniSanders said:

100% agree, the advantage they have is that they are the supplier to the GPUs being used in both new consoles... so games will be designed with their hardware in mind for lots of games. 

I don't think they can take it to NVidia for high end cards just yet, but mid range they are fairly close.

I currently have the 5700XT, and I am still really happy with it, hasn't missed a beat in the time I have had it, it was either it or the 2060 at the time, and it was ahead in that battle. 

Yes, very true. They're keeping prices in check at the mid-range, which is where most cards would be sold. They just can't get the free PR that comes with having the tops cards.

Bang for buck the 5700xt is definitely the pick.

I am planning on splurging for this graphics card.

Ive always gone the 1 generation old GTX **70. But now I have an actual need for a good card so I'll use it as an excuse to buy a brand new one.

I already grabbed myself a 3900x so was a bit surprised that they are already releasing a new ryzen chip since it's not even a year old.

Yeah AMD are really pushing the Ryzen, have realised they needed to do actual development to keep up with Intel. 

And I am never in the market for the biggest and baddest cards... so the bang for buck of the 5700xt was amazing. (Note: I did get an original blower style one when they dropped a bit in price when the other styles came out)

If you can find a way to relate the GPU back to work you can also claim it on tax :D But you'd have to be in the industry I think already. If you're already in that industry you can also claim further education expenses I believe. My computer gets depreciated on my tax each and every year, so it's a nice little saving.

7 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

If you can find a way to relate the GPU back to work you can also claim it on tax :D But you'd have to be in the industry I think already. If you're already in that industry you can also claim further education expenses I believe. My computer gets depreciated on my tax each and every year, so it's a nice little saving.

I hope you have a personal use percentage when you claim your computer 😂

So i stayed up for the 11pm launch of the 3080 and my lord. I had 4 sites open ready to buy and they all crashed before 11pm hit. Even had one drop on the checkout page. 
Some retailers sold out within 15 seconds, all retailers sold out within the hour. I got an email notification form Mwave to tell me they were for sale about 2 hours after they had already sold out.

Was super frustrating to have my cart loaded and ready to go, but the website crashed contentiously on payment. PC case gear were still taking back orders so i grabbed one from them and will hopefully get it before Cyberpunk.

1 hour ago, Blueberry said:

So i stayed up for the 11pm launch of the 3080 and my lord. I had 4 sites open ready to buy and they all crashed before 11pm hit. Even had one drop on the checkout page. 
Some retailers sold out within 15 seconds, all retailers sold out within the hour. I got an email notification form Mwave to tell me they were for sale about 2 hours after they had already sold out.

Was super frustrating to have my cart loaded and ready to go, but the website crashed contentiously on payment. PC case gear were still taking back orders so i grabbed one from them and will hopefully get it before Cyberpunk.

Some dude setup a bot to buy 11 of them so he could scalp them on eBay... 

On the topic of "upgrades" Nvidia also released "RTX Broadcast" a couple of days ago and its actually fairly decent. The "camera" side of things is still in beta, but has some pretty remarkable features notably the "background remover" and the "background blur" the blur is my favorite of the 4 features as it gives the impression that the user is using a DSLR or Action Camera without having to go and spend a high amount of money. They have also updated the RTX Voice to work on the pascal cards without having to remove a few lines of code.