Sign in to follow this  
Duckz

Cyberpunk 2077

I aint dropping $100 on some game that I might not even be able to run lmao, I actually cant even be fucked playing some shit game even if its great, I certainly aint sitting home every night all summer when I could be shark fishing or crabbing or just being outdoors lol

I've been having a blast with the game.

Only a couple of graphical glitches here and there that's it. 

Running i9 9900 and the ol 1070 on high settings and getting around 40 to 50 frames, which is fine for me in a single player game. Graphically it doesn't look that much better then GTA 5 so not sure how its so demanding. Was GTA 5 graphically demanding? Never played it on PC.  Maybe it looks way better with that Ray Tracing stuff that I have no idea about.

Think a lot of the problems are on console maybe?

But couldn't really care too much about graphics as the game play is really fun. Pretty involved game play mechanics and different ways you can take on the missions using hacks, stealth, guns blazing. I usually start out trying to be sneaky then stuff it up so out come the guns! 

Also the City is really fun to explore and find myself just getting lost so much.

Heaps of side missions that are really fun and main story line has been really good so far.  It really is pretty similar to GTA just set in a futuristic setting and more RPG elements to how you can customise your charachter with different implants and hacks you can equip. 

13 hours ago, Penchamus said:

The Witcher 3 was pretty damn good Nev!

Judging by Nev's comments I assumed he had had a few drinks and put it down to an old man rant... 

7 hours ago, MiniSanders said:

Judging by Nev's comments I assumed he had had a few drinks and put it down to an old man rant... 

I do quite enjoy when Nev does this 😂

Given they delayed the game numerous times as well, it's pretty poor they couldn't get it to operate properly on consoles (where they hardware is very specific!).

Maybe I'll play this in about ten year's time.

On 17/12/2020 at 1:22 AM, AussieNinja159 said:

ive played about 40 hours now and im really enjoying the game, havent had any issues with it at all

Honestly? You must be incredibly fortunate. 

I'm closing in on 60 hours and i can't go 5 minutes without something. More often then not its just a small bug, like t-poses on a motor bike or an NC gliding along the floor. I have have had about 5 quest breaking bugs that i had to reload saves on and 1 that was game breaking that got patched (thank lord) in the 1.05.

Don't get me wrong, i really like it. But i have chosen to just finish the main quest for now and loose myself to a 100+ playthrough in a years time so epic and heart wrenching moments aren't ruined for me. 

Just to give people a bit of gauge,

I have a 3900x and a 3080 and at 1440p. ultra (phsyco) settings RayTracing on i get about 30-40fps.

With DLSS enabled i get a solid 55-75

With ray tracing off i get 90-120fps.

Have been finding volumetric fog is a big saver for fps while outside. Shadows and reflections will save you for indoor fps.
If you are cpu bound drop the crowd density. 

I really can't stress enough that i think anyone who hasn't picked it up should wait. Witcher 3 1 year later with mods was the best way to play W3.

I just feel bad for all the actual workers.  I can just imagine giving 8-9 years of your life on this game, crunching just to get it done, only to be rewarded with a holiday season of more crunch just to fix the game because investors and quarterly quotas needed to be appeased.   

There is a truly awesome game hidden underneath bugs, glitches and absolutely horrendously underbaked  AI. 

On 19/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, Noods said:

I've been having a blast with the game.

Only a couple of graphical glitches here and there that's it. 

Running i9 9900 and the ol 1070 on high settings and getting around 40 to 50 frames, which is fine for me in a single player game. Graphically it doesn't look that much better then GTA 5 so not sure how its so demanding. Was GTA 5 graphically demanding? Never played it on PC.  Maybe it looks way better with that Ray Tracing stuff that I have no idea about.

Think a lot of the problems are on console maybe?

But couldn't really care too much about graphics as the game play is really fun. Pretty involved game play mechanics and different ways you can take on the missions using hacks, stealth, guns blazing. I usually start out trying to be sneaky then stuff it up so out come the guns! 

Also the City is really fun to explore and find myself just getting lost so much.

Heaps of side missions that are really fun and main story line has been really good so far.  It really is pretty similar to GTA just set in a futuristic setting and more RPG elements to how you can customise your charachter with different implants and hacks you can equip. 

I went cyber ninja. I kind of broke the game though. There is a perk that lets your quick hacks do crits. So ive gone hard core crit chance crit damage buffs with a bunch of hacking buffs (20 intel, 16 cool currently).  I can take out and entire enemy strong hold with a single contagion hack that spreads most times and anyone left gets a system reset hack.  Especially if i take over the cameras and do it all from outside the actual base. Makes me feel super fuking cool.
Running around with 1 lethal revolver (johnnis gun) 1 non lethal revolver, 1 sniper and mantis blades. HBU?

52 minutes ago, Blueberry said:

I just feel bad for all the actual workers.  I can just imagine giving 8-9 years of your life on this game, crunching just to get it done, only to be rewarded with a holiday season of more crunch just to fix the game because investors and quarterly quotas needed to be appeased.   

There is a truly awesome game hidden underneath bugs, glitches and absolutely horrendously underbaked  AI. 

Yeah and isn't that the problem - people making decisions to still publish it purely because of money. I wonder what their share price has done recently. It would be nice if investors actually lost more money, at least in the short term, because they insisted on releasing a buggy game. I imagine things suck for the programmers right now.

15 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

Yeah and isn't that the problem - people making decisions to still publish it purely because of money. I wonder what their share price has done recently. It would be nice if investors actually lost more money, at least in the short term, because they insisted on releasing a buggy game. I imagine things suck for the programmers right now.

Unfortunately the shareholders are in the process of filing a class action lawsuit against CDPR.

17 hours ago, Blueberry said:

Unfortunately the shareholders are in the process of filing a class action lawsuit against CDPR.

For release of a broken product? Or for delaying the release?

18 minutes ago, Phobos said:
  Hide contents

54d0126dyk761.jpg

?

Judy in a wetsuit was better.

26 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

For release of a broken product? Or for delaying the release?

According to the kataku article, for misleading investor's.

On 12/26/2020 at 8:12 PM, Blueberry said:

I went cyber ninja. I kind of broke the game though. There is a perk that lets your quick hacks do crits. So ive gone hard core crit chance crit damage buffs with a bunch of hacking buffs (20 intel, 16 cool currently).  I can take out and entire enemy strong hold with a single contagion hack that spreads most times and anyone left gets a system reset hack.  Especially if i take over the cameras and do it all from outside the actual base. Makes me feel super fuking cool.
Running around with 1 lethal revolver (johnnis gun) 1 non lethal revolver, 1 sniper and mantis blades. HBU?

Yeah I have watched a few vids on Builds that are pretty broken and can turn guns into one hits etc.

I havn't really worked all that stuff out yet!

I put about 80 hours into this purely playing as a stealth assassin, unless I blew my cover then i'd just cut sick and clear the area. fun game. Nothing new though, same old game mechanics, crappy physics, should be called Glitch City, not Night City.

Art is amazing though. The amount of work the artists put into this game is mind blowing. Its a just a shame the game engine feels 8 years old or it may have been something great. Not much of an RPG either, but if you look past all the BS its still a fun game.

It ran at a smooth 60 to 80 frames on 4K all on ultra settings, but it was running on my workstation with a 5950x and a 3090 so that's to be expected.

21 hours ago, Awesome said:

I put about 80 hours into this purely playing as a stealth assassin, unless I blew my cover then i'd just cut sick and clear the area. fun game. Nothing new though, same old game mechanics, crappy physics, should be called Glitch City, not Night City.

Art is amazing though. The amount of work the artists put into this game is mind blowing. Its a just a shame the game engine feels 8 years old or it may have been something great. Not much of an RPG either, but if you look past all the BS its still a fun game.

It ran at a smooth 60 to 80 frames on 4K all on ultra settings, but it was running on my workstation with a 5950x and a 3090 so that's to be expected.

What a beefcake of a system