MasterShrive

Computer Chair

I don't think we have a computer chair topic. Doing a forum search brought back that time Blue wheeled the computer chair down the hallway at PAX; but that wasn't quite what I was after.

What computer chair do clannies use and does anyone have any recommendations? My current one is from my 21st and over a decade old now :(. It has served me very well, but it has a bit of a lean which I don't think is good for my back or my neck. Therefore, I am considering an upgrade.

Mine is almost 20 years old. Very similar to this (possibly the same?) https://www.westernofficefurniture.com.au/product-page/cosy-large-leather-executive-office-chair I think I paid $800 for it.

Only problem I have is one of the arm rest cushions is falling apart from the kids playing with it when they were younger... I may have been neglecting to look after them...

I also have a fucked back...

Funny this, Nev is looking for one too.

I would never go with a non-mesh chair ever again. Especially for our summers.

Herman Miller Aeron: https://www.hermanmiller.com.au/products/seating/performance-work-chairs/aeron-chairs.html

Side note they are $1000+

Positive note, built like a tank. Mesh for those sweaty summers and no shitty foam to go flat. 12 year warranty.

They are pretty much the Ferrari of chairs, do some googling about them. Gaming chairs are laughable compared to a tool like this. 

I would advise sitting on one first before buying! PAX trip to the store in Richmond?

Edited by Phobos

18 minutes ago, Phobos said:

I would advise sitting on one first before buying! PAX trip to the store in Richmond?

HAHA! I could be convinced. It would save me having to find a seat on the train :P

Or if ya a tight arse like me Shrives 

on the other end of the spectrum we have......

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/bathurst-chair-black-jbbathchbk

Does the Job. Foam probably wont last long.

I looked at those Aerons actually problem for me is I like to fold my legs up which it wouldn't allow

Edited by Noods

Depends how much you like your back. I bought my DX Racer K Series 3 years ago or something, and I've tolerated it ever since, only so I could justify the money spent on it.

I won't be buying another "gamers" chair again. It wouldn't surprise me if all these different branded "racing" chairs are built in the same manufacturing plant.

If you're after a "gaming" chair, wait til PAX. They had heaps last year. Good deals if you buy them at the end of the weekend too. Might be awkward on the train though.

you probably don't game enough to warrant an actual gaming chair shrive. dinning chairs are a great option, by forcing you to sit up straight your K/D will improve out of sight

On 31/05/2018 at 10:21 PM, MasterShrive said:

BYO seat on the train sounds like a great idea.

It's the Ballarat train, BYO chair is a smart idea you might actually get a seat

I forgot about this thread... I am looking at a decent chair, the one I bought a couple of years ago hasn't lasted at all...

Now to go back over what people have recommended.