Sign in to follow this  
Duckz

ArrGeeBee Backlighting

Anyone done this sort of thing to their setup?

ultrawide-monitor-setup1-1.png
Not my setup, for illustration purpose only.

I get sore AF eyes with light off using my computer and I don't like the light on because yeah..., so I thought I'd buy a couple of dollars worth of gear to set up something like this. Plus... RGBYOLO

Strip of lights, remote and power adaptor, some "L" and "T" connectors etc. I plan to do the back edge of my desk and around the back of my monitor in a single run.

Edited by Duckz

I had a mate that did it behind his TV... I'm pretty sure he got it working to light the wall in a similar tone to the colours on the TV.

Not sure if he still uses it or not.

Very sci-fi!

Excuse my ignorance, but do they not have ceiling lights in Australia? Here in my house, we have a dedicated lamp in each room that can be used at will, to light the entire space.

4 hours ago, Decroxx said:

Excuse my ignorance, but do they not have ceiling lights in Australia? Here in my house, we have a dedicated lamp in each room that can be used at will, to light the entire space.

What?! Even during the night time?! I call your bluff good Sir.

This thread has got me thinking about adding some RGB lights to my desk that are powered by a USB port, and then they can just turn on with my PC...

Only want them to shine onto the wall to take some of the glare away... and well these roof lights things... geez, I'm a gamer not a normal person who likes light. (Shrive probably gets sunburnt from normal lights)

I have friends who have picked up cheap RGB light strips from 4WD and autoelec stores, might be worth a look.

But yeah I'm fully supportive of the RGBYOLO I reckon it looks great and why just stop with your PC...

RGBHOUSE.