Sign in to follow this  
MasterShrive

Star Trek

Anyone going to give Star Trek Discovery a go?

I'm certainly interested in it, but in my long trek through watching the entire series I'm still only at TOS season two.

The Orville has also just started to air, so I might give that a look for a bit of comedy.

This weeks episode - Time manipulation. Typical star trek to entertain that idea. I got frustrated by this weeks episode, I felt it was filler when there is so much other stuff I want them to go into.. not some Dwight character seeking revenge. 

You two (or anyone else) looking at Picard? I'm still working through TNG very slowly, but I'm thinking of skipping ahead to Picard. Didn't watch any of Discovery though.

Meanwhile, I'm still enjoying The Orville too.

4 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

You two (or anyone else) looking at Picard? I'm still working through TNG very slowly, but I'm thinking of skipping ahead to Picard. Didn't watch any of Discovery though.

Meanwhile, I'm still enjoying The Orville too.

Who woulda thunk that the best star treck show available right now was created and staring the family guy dude. I never started season 2 of Discovery.

Ill try Picard though, even just for Patrick Stewart. 

I enjoyed season 2 of discovery, it got dull in a few spots but feels like it setting up for some good stuff. 

I am looking forward to watching Picard

1 hour ago, Ramsay said:

I enjoyed season 2 of discovery, it got dull in a few spots but feels like it setting up for some good stuff. 

I am looking forward to watching Picard

With discovery 

Spoiler

What they did with Ash's character was laughably bad writing. The whole surgery to change in into a human was too silly for me.

Also the fact that they kill the first openly gay couple to progress the story really irked me. 

You think season 2 is worth checking out? 

All I will say is that the 'gay couple' story line and Ash story line continue and season 2 gives some more answers

13 hours ago, Blueberry said:

Ill try Picard though, even just for Patrick Stewart. 

Agree. I'm a big Patrick Stewart fan so that could quite easily get me over the line. Pretty impressive to be returning to a character 30 years later too.