So, as I posted in one of the scrim threads, Pench and I live in the yellow patch on the left: http://emergency.vic.gov.au/#now

However, the Grampians have gone up as well (which is where all the exclamation marks are to indicate evacuation). Mum and Dad were in Halls Gap today (located in the middle of the Grampians), as they own properties there. They're not staying to defend (as that would be ridiculous in that environment), but they wanted to make sure the properties were at least well prepared. A wind change is expected to come through there some time between 4-7pm, which could bring with it a cool change but also push the fire towards the town.

I took the following photo yesterday, which was taken about 200km away to the North West (near Pimpinio):

post-5-14026461994.jpg

WOW its almost as if its a storm forming. Ive been playing close attention to the radar and it appears that smoke plume is causing some pyrocumulonimbus cloulds :/ stay safe you 2!

Ultra-rare Nintendo game lands on eBay

One of the rarest Nintendo games ever has found its way to eBay and is expected to bring a significant amount of money for its lucky owner. It’s called Nintendo World Championships and if you haven’t heard of it before, there are a couple of good reasons why.

Only 116 game cartridges were ever manufactured, designed for a video game competition that would play out across multiple cities and states in 1990. Of the 116 copies, 90 were of the official grey cartridge seen on most NES games while the other 26 were golden (think The Legend of Zelda).

These limited-edition carts were given away in a separate contest held by Nintendo Power magazine while the 90 original grey carts were handed out to the semi-finalists of the original competition.

The relic up for auction on eBay is of the grey variety and worse more, the original label (with the identifying number) has been torn. In its absence, someone mistakenly wrote “Mario” on the cartridge but rest assured, it’s the real thing according to the seller.

Even in its “poor” condition, the game is expected to garner quite a bit of money. As of writing, the cart has a current bid of $7,100. As Chris Scullion, games editor for Computer and Video Games, points out, it’s like finding the rarest Ferrari but with a scratch. You’d still buy it, he said, as they are considered the Holy Grail among Nintendo collectors.

The auction is set to end on January 25.

Wow! Currently selling for $32,100 :shock1:

This article mentions about the Steam Box and streaming over a network. I think it also means that you will be able to link computers over a LAN and use a more powerful gaming machine to stream to any other device with Steam installed. If so, this could get very interesting.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/3705 ... r-app.aspx

Sheesh, I've never understood why people part with old video games. I'd always felt the sentimental value is more important than a couple hundred/thousand dollars.

But when it gets to $88,988.88 for a piece of old tech.. :good:

I think I've mentioned it before somewhere, but before Dad would let Nath and I buy an Xbox we had to sell our PSOne and all the games because we weren't allowed two consoles. It would be my biggest regrets gaming wise.

I forgot to post this a few days ago when I first read it.

Telstra ups data caps, launches budget plans, and another source.

I'll be looking over my previous bills to see how much I actually spend on talk and text, because I know I use more data then talk and text, so I'm thinking about going with their $30 or $40 Accelerate plan, with the $30 3GB data block.

Here's my little international security wrap-up:

- The U.S is drastically decreasing the size of their army and retiring the A-10 (this time for real)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-25/u ... et/5282894

They'll be focusing on the Navy and Air Force it seems as their focus shifts away from the Middle East and towards Asia.

- The States have said they'll remain committed to their alliance with the Philippines as China attempts to assert control over the South China sea.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-14/a ... ea/5259304

- The British have created a new exercise based in the Brunei jungle to reflect "an increasing focus on contingency operations."

Looks like things are starting to heat up even more in the region now.

Russia is taking back Crimea (used to be Russian) and Ex-Ukrainian president is hiding like a little bitch.

Plus Obongo had this to say... "US President Barack Obama has warned Moscow that any military intervention in Ukraine would be "deeply destabilising", as Kiev claims Russian troops have invaded."

http://news.sky.com/story/1219182/obama-warns-russia-against-crimea-invasion

So, looks like WWIII soon yeah?