MasterShrive

Rocket League

I try to check in every few months or so. I got nostalgic because a freinds asked to see our shout casted battlefield match

Second round of the Oceania Regional's are happening this weekend. 

Once I work out the channel I will let people know, but it should be on 1 of the ESL channels, probably the B channel on Saturday and main channel on Sunday. 

Saturday is the round stages, cutting the field back from 16 to 8 for the finals 

Sunday is the finals, you lose you are out.  

You know what, give me a heads up and I'd be interested in jumping on TS and giving this a watch. It has to be better than watching Essendon.

How many matches to teams play against each other? Is it one five minute game and that's it? Or a best of three or somesuch?

Saturday is best of 5, Sunday is best of 7

Link to Saturdays event details - https://liquipedia.net/rocketleague/Rocket_League_Championship_Series/Season_X/Fall/Oceania/2/Stage_2

Link to Sundays even details - https://liquipedia.net/rocketleague/Rocket_League_Championship_Series/Season_X/Fall/Oceania/2/Playoffs

I will hopefully be available to jump onto TS and do a watch party, will be interesting that way... 

Nice one, I'll jump on too. I'm surprised how much I enjoyed watching bits of the last round - didn't think I'd enjoy it as much

If I'm reading the schedule correctly, semis around 3pm and the Grand Final at 5pm? I'd be keen to jump on for a watch if others are. I'm just streaming a little bit of it at the moment.

I am now on school break (even though i got three assignments to do over the holidays, wtf!) so i re-installed. When do most people play? 

I play around this time of the night... usually 8:30 through to 10:30.

But since you are getting back into it, I recommend you checking with the other guys, if you feel better than them quickly, then come join me :)

Also it goes Free to Play on 23rd of September

On 9/18/2020 at 9:47 PM, Blueberry said:

I am now on school break (even though i got three assignments to do over the holidays, wtf!) so i re-installed. When do most people play? 

Hahaha the old uni "break" 😂

Rocket League is now F2P, which means that you can no longer buy it through Steam.

New event coming this weekend starting as a Fortnite crossover event.

I really want that battlebus car.

Rest of the stuff I am not that worried about, but will be interesting to see how it works. 

Reading up on it, it seems that there will be challenges to do, each challenge will unlock an item.

So if you just add Rocket League to your Epic Games library they'll give you a $15 voucher for the Epic Store (which needs to be used before November). Free money, and don't even need to download.

Just now, MasterShrive said:

So if you just add Rocket League to your Epic Games library they'll give you a $15 voucher for the Epic Store (which needs to be used before November). Free money, and don't even need to download.

And if you open Steam and link it to your Epic account it will be the same account anyway

More Rocket League championship games coming up this weekend. 

OCE Regional Event 3 will be on Saturday and Sunday from 11am both days. 

Saturday is the Swiss style qualifiers (Top 16 down to top 8)

Sunday is the finals for the top 8.

As this is the third and final regional event, the week after will the OCE Major. This will be contested by the top 16 teams which are calculated by the finishing positions in the regional events. Same format is used for the major, Saturday 10th will be the Swiss qualifiers (Top 16 down to Top 8), with Sunday 11th being the top 8 finals. 

I will hopefully be able to watch most of the games both weekends, but I will be sitting down properly and watching the majors on the 10th and 11th

So I watched most of the qualifiers today. Lots of amazing matches, especially in the mid-tier games.

So below are the 8 teams that have qualified for the finals tomorrow with a quick description of the teams, and my thoughts. 

1. Renegades - CJCJ, Kamii, Siki

These guys were the top team in the off season, they won every series between last world championship. They have been one of the best teams in Oceania for the last few years, always around the top 3 position and only missing 1 trip to the world championships. 

Est Position: 1

2. Cringe Society - Torsos, Drippay, Decka

Always the bridesmaid during the off-season, coming in second to Renegades multiple times. This has been Oceania's no 1 team that has gone to worlds the most and got the best results of any Oceania team. 

Est Position: 2

3. Ground Zero - Julz. Express, Amphis

Have been the third best team in Oceania, taking advantage when one of the 2 top teams aren't playing at their best. 

Est Position: 3

4. Canberra Havoc - SpyDoge, Le Duck, Walcott

Went to the world championships last year as Oceania's no 2 team. They never won a match there, and looked completely outclassed by the Europe and NA teams. Have managed to beat some of the top teams on their day, but usually they are just behind. 

Est Position: 5

5. Mindfreak - Requiem, Fever, cavemanben

All players that have been around the scene for a few years and usually come in around the 4th or 5th mark. Always just around the top tier, but just behind them, usually a step ahead of the next set of teams and should come in around the middle. 

Est Position: 4

6. Vort Central - Snowy, Vortexioz, Tango

Final match of the day saw them make it into the finals. Some big plays came out, added with some huge misses that just allowed easy goals against them. 

Est Position: 7

7. Hazard Esports - Cyrexal, Shmoopernator, Negative

Again another new team that has come from no where. Had some huge plays, but also some huge misses. Had some amazing plays today, but they were against other lower teams, didn't have much of a showing against the top teams. 

Est Position: 6

8. Cowabunga - Joel, eli, Moss

I have not seen these guys so far, they haven't been in the top 8 at all, but in the games I saw they aren't quite consistent enough to challenge the top teams. I think they will be happy just making the top 8 at this point. I can't see them challenging any of the teams in the finals. 

Est Position: 8

Tomorrow kicks off at 11am AEDT on https://www.twitch.tv/rocketleague

I will be around to watch it and talk shit if anyone wants to watch. 

image.png.fd1509bc7e0fea12590eb00aa14b1e76.png

Nice analysis.

Have you got a team you'd like to see win (but not necessarily the favourite)?

And who's the Collingwood of the above teams (ie, the team nobody else likes)?

11 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

Nice analysis.

Have you got a team you'd like to see win (but not necessarily the favourite)?

And who's the Collingwood of the above teams (ie, the team nobody else likes)?

I like Renegades, really enjoy the playstyle they have, and the 3 players actually have some fun.

I.e. this is CJCJ's entry to a world championship game

Rocket League Car GIF by The Chiefs Esports Club

As for the Collingwood/Essendon that everyone hates... I honestly don't know. I don't think the sport has been going long enough to have that team. 

Edited by MiniSanders

Enjoying some Rocket League games last night with my brother and nephew. Winning some games, then came up against this team that it was really really close... noticed a player on the other team had RtD in their name... just a minute... that's @Yeowie.

Good games mate, was close up until the end of the second game. Your aerial skills are way better than what I can do. 

Also doing my usual spruiking of the OCE championship this coming weekend. 
I will be watching but with the kids here I won't be in voice chat. 

Game times aren't up yet, but will be later this week.