MasterShrive

Rocket League

The “Free Weekend” access through Steam ends on Sunday, April 24 at 1pm Pacific. Enjoy the influx of new players everyone — and if you’re new to Rocket League altogether, then welcome to the family! 

I was on fire last night... I went up 4 ranks in about 30mins.. couldn't do a thing wrong.  Trying for Blue Star in each game type now :)  So close !

shERC6o.jpg

I'm bumping a thread so old that I'm not sure Simo's rank above even still exists in the system.

Speaking of rank information, for us newbies who weren't sure on the details: https://www.theloadout.com/rocket-league/ranks

But, in that article it also says they're making changes for next season once it goes free to play. Any idea what they are?

And a reminder if anyone is looking for their stats: https://www.theloadout.com/rocket-league/ranks

Because I realise that people are as lazy as me... I copied the picture from the article... 

For those interested, I am sitting around the Plat 3 to Diamond 2 area in both 2's and 3's

I'm sure if I actually played the game and practiced I could get better, but anyone that knows me knows that I don't practice anything :D

WHAT ARE THE ROCKET LEAGUE RANKS?

Rank Symbol
Unranked Rocket League ranks Unranked
Bronze I Rocket League Ranks Bronze 1
Bronze II Rocket League Ranks Bronze 2
Bronze III Rocket League Ranks Bronze 3
Silver I Rocket League Ranks Silver 1
Silver II rocket-league-ranks-silver-2.png
Silver III Rocket League Ranks Silver 3
Gold I rocket-league-ranks-gold-1.png
Gold II Rocket League Ranks Gold 2
Gold III Rocket League Ranks Gold 3
Platinum I Rocket League Ranks Platinum 1
Platinum II Rocket League Ranks Platinum 2
Platinum III Rocket League Ranks Platinum 3
Diamond I Rocket League Ranks Diamond 1
Diamond II Rocket League Ranks Diamond 2
Diamond III Rocket League Ranks Diamond 3
Champion I Rocket League Ranks Champion 1
Champion II Rocket League Ranks Champion 2
Champion III Rocket League Ranks Champion 3
 Grand Champion Rocket League Ranks Grand Champion

Interesting that the default controls are changing for new players... 

Default settings are changing for incoming players. Voice Chat will be disabled by default, and L2 (PS4), LT (Xbox), ZL (Switch) will default to Air Roll.

This actually seems odd, as that is the trigger which is currently set to brake/reverse.

I thought this would be set to LB (L1 on PS4 controller) (The shoulder button)

New bot difficulty under Rookie

And this has been specially done for Shrive's

Merc is getting a new, unique hitbox, for a total of six hitbox types

This news to me says that the first car in the new seasons will be using this hitbox. I do like the idea that they are adding more hitboxes, as it currently stands there isn't enough variety between cars. 

Solo Standard Playlist will be removed following Competitive Season 14

This is good news, it was the least useful playlist of the lot, and impossible to get a game in most of the time. 

Edited by MiniSanders

Yeah maybe they meant LB? As that's what we set it to last night, and that does make sense.

I hope they name the new bot after me. And if Panda abuses it, I hope he gets banned.

Agreed LB makes sense, I think I have air-roll left set to it, handbrake/drift and normal air roll is still default (Too hard to remove the current muscle memory)

I was saying last night though that I want to learn to play via mouse/kb and with free accounts coming up I am going to use it for that. 

Might start playing mouse/kb when I play with you guys anyway, gives me some practice

2 hours ago, MiniSanders said:

Agreed LB makes sense, I think I have air-roll left set to it, handbrake/drift and normal air roll is still default (Too hard to remove the current muscle memory)

I was saying last night though that I want to learn to play via mouse/kb and with free accounts coming up I am going to use it for that. 

Might start playing mouse/kb when I play with you guys anyway, gives me some practice

Oh yes, that's a great point. You high level folk can come down with the plebs!

What's the thinking behind mouse/kb? I'm hopeless if I try with that now. I had to play one game last night as my controller didn't connect, and I couldn't work out what free look was.

That I have used a kb/mouse for 30 years and not a lot of that with a controller... it feels more natural. 

I can also do a few things better already with kb/mouse, so want to try some more stuff (like aerials) where I am struggling with kb