Good luck. Demand discounts etc. when it is sorted. Sell the spare modem, haha (if it's worth anything). Or you might be able to use it as a source of portable internet when you go away.

After sending out a tweet asking for suggestions on how i can take this higher in hopes of getting some help i have sent an email off to my local MP. Someone also suggested emailing ACA and setting good ol' Tracy Grimshaw on the warpath haha.

ACMA helped me too. They changed the rules after what I went through (not being able to reconnect an ADSL connection once it was disconnected in an NBN ready area). Local MP is also a good one - as well as the Minister for Communications (or whatever they're called). It all helps you vent and feel better anyway.

So three things have happened this morning.

1 - Step mum got a call from the NBN and the preposed connection date is 12/3/21.... another month. They have to come out and "fix" the infrastructure on the property

2 - I got a call from the local MP but was unable to answer due to using my phone's hotspot to attend my tafe class

3 - NBN replied to my tweet.

image.png.1b584b9d90b9e60cde5889b8f80f3930.png

Edited by TheLaw

Good luck with the Twitter option - that isn't something I tried.

I remember being annoyed with Telstra too because the modem was speed limited to only a couple of Mbps and they told me it wasn't possible for them to remove that restriction while awaiting the new connection. You could try and ask them to up it though, or to send you another dongle while you're waiting that doesn't have data or speed caps.

I sent them a DM. I plan on calling back my local MP during my lunch break, and I'm gonna get the ball rolling with contacting the AMCA

Okay so I rang back my local MP, he forwarded the email I sent last night on to Barnaby Joyce as he apparently has all the contacts that can help us get this moving faster. I'm going to email the AMCA tonight and get the ball rolling with that aswell (thanks for that suggestion Shrives!)

The NBN Co team replied back to me via DM on Twitter, this is what happened, unsure if I reply asking what the MSD could be because shock horror both my uncle's and neighbors connections are working fine, so id assume if it was a MSD the network would be down correct?

Anywho it's starting to get beyond a bloody joke now. I just want my internet haha

image.thumb.png.19ba854ca17a242e95b055906fc75ff1.png

so received a email/text message from TPG today that they have given me 6 months of ultra NBN for free for some reason

not going to knock these numbers back...

and I thought 100mbps was fast

10911612800.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Switched over to nbn the other day. Check out these outrageous speed's...

Currently contacting tpg bro ask why my ADSL2 was 12 times faster

Screenshot_20210210-104135.png

51 minutes ago, MiniSanders said:

I gave up with TPG (And its lesser companies iiNet and Internode) a few years ago because of speeds like that. 

Well that fills me with confidence.

We were with tpg because we are 30 meters from the ADSL2 point

20 minutes ago, Blueberry said:

Well that fills me with confidence.

We were with tpg because we are 30 meters from the ADSL2 point

I have gone to Aussie Broadband and have had awesome speeds and no evening slow down either. 

They are the only ISP I have found that doesn't oversell their throughput (Also completely Australian and have Aussie call centres)

8 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

My lord!

Can you send even a little bit of that Law's way?

He's the next town over (about 40kms away) so perhaps he could :P

Update tho.

ACMA can't help :( I might give them a ring rather than emailing (which is what I did) and explain it a bit better i guess. Still waiting to hear from Barnaby Joyce and the minister of telecommunications

Problem has been sorted, they had us on the lowest nbn plan when we were meant to be on nbn50.
we are now getting 45-55mbs

13 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

Fingers crossed?

They said between 8am and 12pm. Its next Wednesday and it sounds more promising then the last time they said "15th of December between the hours of 8am and 4pm"

Barnaby Joyce's office rang me today. They wanted the account number for our Telstra account as they are going to escalate this as we asked for compensation this morning when our case manager rang my step mum to see if anyone was going to be home, and the case manager turned sour and snapped and said "I'll see what I can do, but I doubt it" in a shitty tone. Told the MP's assistant this, they assured me that we'd be awarded some sort of compenstation, as it's been 3 months since this all started and we've been paying $99 a month for a service we can't really use.

Having said all that, the end is near fingers crossed this time tomorrow I'll have some sort of fixed internet service.