MasterShrive

Book Club

Yep it is. Magician from memory is the first series compiled into one book. One of my earliest proper novels to read along with Belgarath/Polgara from David Eddings. That would of been back in grade 5/6 from memory. Lately I've been working through the Richard Herman books. His are mostly based around Airforce airforce/action style books. Very good. Still working through the James Patterson stuff. He has so many excellent series. The Cross and Womens Murder club series are excellent. All caught up on my Lee Child and Andy Mcnab. Both are action novelists with Andy Mcnab being actual Ex SAS. 

If you haven't read it before All you need is kill was an excellent book. It was the book that Edge of Tomorrow was based upon. The story line differs quite a bit though and is great.  W.J.Lundy's Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (current Active military in Afganistan to my knowledge) and Shawn Chessers Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse series are awesome. These are both Zombie novels obviously and I loves them both. And I got a ton of other stuff but it may be a little "Girly". You know what they say though. "Know Thy Enemy" 

Lee Child I have heard a bit about. I might need to investigate more there. But I still need to read the latest Daniel Silva novel in the Gabriel Allon series, so that will take priority after I've finished Star Wars: Tarkin.

Lee child is the writer of the Jack Reacher series. Known by the movie that Tom Cruise was in. I loved them. A little bit like early Clive Cussler novels with a little more depth and realism I think generally. 

I've read all of the Jack Reacher novels now, and I've got to say that they're quite formulaic once you've gotten through them.

Still an entertaining read, but it's always enter town, bad thing happens, save damsels, kill bad guys. GG WP.

Not that it's necessarily bad, maybe I just read them too close together to notice it.

I kind of enjoy that though. Its always a game of who dies, whose the bad guy, how will it go down etc. and they are of a good quality which ive found harder and harder to find. Im slowly running out of stuff i find interesting. I go through alot of subpar stuff untill i find a writer i enjoy. Take my fantasy trek. I startex with tolkien and other books i hated before i found what i liked. I finished it but my god i hated every second of that series

35 minutes ago, Penchamus said:

Neither but I've been meaning to read Dune for aaaaages

That's how you start developing a list...

15 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

That's how you start developing a list...

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of lists, I have two in front of me for work at the moment but having a list for video games that are inherently time consuming is kind of silly, you'll never get through it 😛

4 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

I want to put all of my lists into Excel/Google Sheets so I can sort and categorise a lot better.

So a list of lists... do you have a list of upgrades to make to your lists?

I am 5 books into wheel of time.  I took a break as it is very VERY dense but plan to get back into once my diploma is done with.

It starts off very generic but opens up the further you get. I have heard by numerous people that is a very satisfying conclusion to a series however it is over it 14 books. One of the longest series ever put to page apparently. 

It technically take place thousands of years in the future, but on the "loop" of the earth the books takes place on is around renaissance era. Very interesting magic system. Male casters are more powerful than females (like destroying continents, solo killin armies kind of power) however the big bad taints male magic so any man who is able to "chanel" (use magic) becomes insane.