PistolKnight

Battlefield V

The core gun play is pretty solid. Compared to the random bullet deviation of BF1. You can learn the spray patterns again!

From the beta:

- A coordinated squad will destroy the other team

- The GUI is horrendous as it is. They said it will be fixed but I have doubts. It's similar to BF1's but with more unnecessary clutter and menus to navigate through

- Having limited ammo is interesting. It keeps you moving from point to point and working with your squadies.

If you guys have a chance before it closes tonight at 12am, unlock the ZH-something from Recon. Semi auto sniper. It's amazing.

Overall, its a battlefield I'd be happy to buy. But not pre-order until after launch day when I'm happy they haven't pulled a BF4 Day 1.

If you want a digital copy: $65 cdkeys.com 

the maps on the beta took a bit of getting use to, it has been fun and frustrating playing it. though it might be worth getting when it comes out. i feel it plays better then bf1 at least. 

So who is getting this on release or after?

while I’ve been sinking many hours back into 4 and 1, I’m very very skeptical about getting this.

I've got it pre-ordered through JB Hi-Fi for $69.

Where is everyone else buying it? I'm contemplating getting Origin Access Premier for a month, so I can start playing this weekend, as it gives you access to the Deluxe edition.

Not sure if I'd be able to redeem my standard edition game, and keep all the added content you get while you've had the premier access.

4 hours ago, Duckz said:

I've got it pre-ordered through JB Hi-Fi for $69.

Where is everyone else buying it? I'm contemplating getting Origin Access Premier for a month, so I can start playing this weekend, as it gives you access to the Deluxe edition.

Not sure if I'd be able to redeem my standard edition game, and keep all the added content you get while you've had the premier access.

Oh nice, $69 sounds good. I was planning on buying it through cdkeys.com for roughly the same ($65?) but buying it through JB sounds 1000% better to me. Origin Store has it for $90...

I'm tempted to get OA to play it early too. But I think I'm going to wait and see how the game launches. We know how BF4 went down...

Edited by Phobos

How does it work for JB? Do they email you the code for Origin? I noticed on the site it says it's a digital only copy.

Probably the same way I received my pre order of BO4 from them. A cardboard disc with your key printed on it, inside a cheap black plastic DVD case. 

On 11/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, Duckz said:

I think you can still have both, as I did when I was using Origin Access for a while.

It gives you 2 copies in your library.

16 hours ago, Decroxx said:

It gives you 2 copies in your library.

So it would have whatever copy Premier gives you access to, in this case the Digital Deluxe version, then the Standard edition if I was to add it later?

Any idea how progress would go? It wouldn't be tied to each copy of the game either would it?

After thinking about it all day, I ended up getting Premier for a year.

Figured with this and Anthem due out in Feb, plus the rest of the vault you have access to, not too bad value.

Your progress is tied to an account I believe, it still uses the same folder in 'My Documents' or cloud based.

I know it added a second one because I originally had the standard edition of BF4 but Origin Access gave me a copy of BF4 Deluxe.

Looks like the release has gone well from the looks of it. As expected, the subreddit is full of honeymoon period posts. We'll see in 2 weeks if that's still the case..

I'm still excited to play a solid Battlefield again.

I've only had a few rounds so far, but really enjoying it.

Sniping feels very satisfying. And that's coming from someone that has never enjoyed sniping in the BF series. This is the only class I've played so far.

I think I'm enjoying it more, mainly because of a COD (read: infantry) background, and BF5 having far less vehicles then previous titles.

How are the vehicles? As someone who likes to blow them up, I found it annoying that in BF1 it was almost impossible for a lone soldier to beat a tank. Do I have a better shot as an engineer this time around?

@MasterShrive Did you create a Platoon during the Beta?

I'm pretty sure the only way to get clan tags on in-game, is to be part of a platoon, which in turn, has a clan tag set.

I'm guessing you made a Platoon, because Roll The Dice comes up, and you're the only member of the platoon. So hurry up and get the game already... :good: