Duckz

Mechanical Keyboards

Ordered and received my new keyboard today. 

its the Logitech G512 Carbon with GX Blue switches, fantastic keyboard. Has a USB 2.0 slot in it, tho i dont know what i'm gonna use it for. 

BUCHUvX.jpg

Edited by TheLaw

I use the USB slot on my Corsair Strafe for the wireless dongle for my mouse.

Less chance of any interference that way. Although lately I have used the mouse cabled so I haven't really needed the dongle.

6 hours ago, MiniSanders said:

I use the USB slot on my Corsair Strafe for the wireless dongle for my mouse.

Less chance of any interference that way. Although lately I have used the mouse cabled so I haven't really needed the dongle.

I might try and see if it will power my wireless dongle for my headset. 

Alrighty, so I've come home after having been away for a week and 5 LEDs on my keyboard are dead/dying... and this is the replacement keyboard mighty ape sent me because I had the same issue last time, so I'm gonna get something different and I need recommendations. 

Musts: Mechanical, clicky, Numpad and RGB! 
Price: $150 - $250

Bouns: Media keys 

At this point, I'm steering clear of Logitech which is funny because I was only raving on how good they are and this happens 😒🤦‍♂️ So feel free to leave some recommendations below. 

Cheers! 

P.S: I've submitted a warranty claim with Mighty Ape. Waiting to see what they say, I've asked for a full refund or replacement of different branded keyboard of the same dollar value. 

I have a Corsair Strafe, and it has been a good keyboard, but i currently have 3 keys where the LED has lost one of the colours. My nephew has the same keyboard and has similar issues.

Keyboard itself has been great, but the bloatware that is required on the PC is the sucky bit... I will say though that the Corsair software is heads and shoulders above the shit that is Razer software.

So my K70 Mk2 about 2 months ago decided it wanted to play silly buggers and not show the correct RBG lighting format I selected, so I've FINALLY sent it back to PCCG for an RMA and hopefully, I get either a full refund or a replacement, however in the meantime for the last 2 months I've been using the Kogan mechanical keyboard its got  Outemu blue switches and for $45 (what I originally paid) I haven't had a single issue with the keyboard, tho finding the actual software to change the RGB lighting was a pain. I did recommend the keyboard to @MiniSanders after had issues with his Corsair keyboard as well. Having said that Mini ordered some double-shot keycaps for his as the default font on the default keys was a bit of a pain to try and decipher what it meant, after seeing what they looked like I also ordered some and installed them this morning. They feel and add a bit of different sound compared to the default keycaps.

Default keycaps
image.thumb.png.aa936d7ff432a0e9987fbf564c3b27a0.png

Double-shot PBT keycaps

165450346_528462621469375_4433147170584105223_n.thumb.jpg.516cf9bce852a951d6c3e06c49181c7e.jpg