PistolKnight

Rainbow Six Siege

I tell you what, Nath and I had another go last night and we're both in agreement that the game just feels right. You're not too quick to die, and there's plenty of variety in regards to countering and different gadgets to use. When you do die, there still seems to be enough to do, either using cameras to find the enemy or just spectating your fellow teammates. The only limitation I can see so far is that team sizes seem limited to five. The five plays well, but it would be a shame if we can't have more in the full release :( Would anyone else be keen tonight?

If I get it downloaded tonight, sure!

Edit, check my uPlay, seems I don't have it... How did you guys get in?

Edit edit: I also have a "key" from the other week I posted that site that was giving them away. Little more digging seems that you still have to wait for an email to be picked? Reddit is not happy... Plus this only runs over the weekend :(

Oh what :( Well I don't know what's going on then. I did get an email. I think I fluked getting into this early pre-Beta access though. I honestly don't know why or how it happened :( I think I just followed some links at the main site, then got an email to say my interest had been registered, then got an email to say I could link it to uPlay.

yeah, I've been playing a little and have really enjoyed it. Starting to learn the maps, the best breach/entry points, and key audible events that help you figure out what's going on. Also there are some minor issues with matchmaking, but they did an update last night which seems a little better. Give it a go, I'll be on later tonight.

I like it a lot. It's a cross between BF and Payday.

The matchmaking and high latency is enough to kill it before release though. I hope they somehow integrate dedicated servers.

I'm away until the end of the holidays so I won't get to play this weekend. :(

Edit: After reading the Reddit thread, I guess I got lucky like Shrive. I haven't preordered anything, just signed up using the first link that was posted in this thread. I'd be pissed if I preordered and still didn't have access!

Edited by bprc

If I get it downloaded tonight, sure!

Edit, check my uPlay, seems I don't have it... How did you guys get in?

Edit edit: I also have a "key" from the other week I posted that site that was giving them away. Little more digging seems that you still have to wait for an email to be picked? Reddit is not happy... Plus this only runs over the weekend :(

I believe that people are being given access in waves, and that there's no guarantee you'll actually get to play. It seems you just have to wait for the email, which I haven't gotten yet either.

Some information on dedicated servers:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/09/25/ubisoft-gives-update-might-receive-rainbow-six-siege-beta-code/

In particular:

Just wanted to clear something up here, matchmaking and gameplay is 100% hosted on dedicated servers (you can see a map of our data centers here). The only P2P is in custom matches and LAN matches. When you see the migrating host message, it is migrating the host of the team, which is necessary in order to maintain voice and text comms. We tried to implement the team hosting in a stable way, but in the process we got a little overzealous, leading to the game “freezing” when the migration happens. Closed Beta is still a work in progress and fixing this will be one of the many improvements we make after. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by Nath