PistolKnight

Rainbow Six Siege

We used to have great fun back in the day at LANs playing Rainbow Six: Rainbow Shield. We also did a bit of the original Ghost Recon, which Nath and I also had on Xbox. But the latter games, as seems to be the way, either reduced the numbers that could play at a LAN or took out LAN support completely, so I haven't really picked up any of the titles since.

The initial email I received earlier this morning had the subject "Help us with Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege in our Technical Test". Once I followed the link in the email, I had to log into Ubisoft/Uplay website and got a confirmation.

I also got a follow up email with the subject "Your access to the Technical Test is confirmed".

Once you've done that, open up Uplay and the Beta will be in your games list.

I got this message :- We will send you your access to the email address associated to your Uplay account when Closed Beta starts.

But i did not "buy" beta access through another purchase / game

Ah right, so the 'Technical Test' has started now, but the 'Closed Beta' starts on the 24th. Seems strange to have a closed beta to your closed beta, but whatever.

Ah right, so the 'Technical Test' has started now, but the 'Closed Beta' starts on the 24th. Seems strange to have a closed beta to your closed beta, but whatever.

ubisoft_o_1337843.jpg

Well I'm MasterShrive on uPlay. I gave this a go this arvo and it actually ran quite well. The gameplay is pretty good too - very tense, but there's plenty of gadgets etc. to play with. The hardest part is actually finding a match. Pings are also high as the servers are in US. It's using matchmaking, but I don't know if that means P2P.

We had a crack, but couldn't get it to work with us in a squad. Not sure why :( Apparently this release isn't running on dedicated servers, but hopefully the full Beta will allow us all to join the same game.

Did you do the training bit Jib - once completed I got a code, and it is acknowledged on my uplay account, but I have not been able to preload it yet (but I think others that have were because they made a purchase which included beta access)

I haven't purchased the game or done that training thing, yet somehow got early access. I honestly don't know why.

One thing I forgot to mention - the tutorial are actually worth watching. There's only three and they're only quick, but they explain some basics and might stop you from doing silly things. You also get some in game currency as well.