So I picked up Xcom2 today from eb Games. Paid $120 for the digital deluxe super dooper mega pack which came with the dlc and some other in game stuff as well as a metal case which I have a collection going of those. The game is a casual 33gb glad I picked up the discs as I currently have limited internet. I am very excited to play this, however I dont know if I will have much time as I am working everyday as well as trying to finish moving house. Did anyone else pick this up or waiting for reviews? 

I have it. But I don't know if I want to start it quite yet due to possible bugs etc. I'm thinking I might let it take a few days to sort things out.

So how do you all like this game ? I'm a bit of an XCOM fan from way back, but I've heard some mixed things about this game and the way they've limited the turns for each mission. What's the general consensus ?

So how do you all like this game ? I'm a bit of an XCOM fan from way back, but I've heard some mixed things about this game and the way they've limited the turns for each mission. What's the general consensus ?

Some of the mission timers do feel a bit short, even in the early missions. 8 turns is okay, but if you want to hang back and take things slow it could really limit things.

That said, there are already mods out that extend the mission timers.

I'm so far behind my gaming. Have to finish mgsv then tomb raider before I got to this, and by that time farcry primal will be out

yeah, in the dev interviews I watched they said they were trying to stop people from slowly progressing with a constant overwatch. I understand that, as long as it balances the risk / reward.. As I remember any rushing in XCOM Unknown Enemy resulted in the squad members that you heavily invested in being eliminated ... maybe they have balanced the difficulty levels to accommodate this.

Yeah, that's what I found too Simo. Usually, if I got someone killed, it was because I made a mistake and didn't have someone covered (or, the movement system sent them some retarded way and next minute they were ambushed by like five people). I won't bag this move limit thing until I've tried it, but I do hope they've tweaked it right. Seems to be something that could have been one of the hardcore modifiers though.

XCOM 2 has an Alien Hunters expansion out. I don't know much about it, but I haven't finished the first one yet so I can't see me getting any extra DLC for a while.

Not sure if anyone else got this, but after 52 hours I've finally finished the campaign. I think if you enjoyed the original you'll enjoy the sequel. I found very few missions had timers on them; or if they did they made sense. Interesting use of the "Commander" character too. If anyone is interested in trying some MP just let me know.

It's nice to cross a game off the list (even though it goes straight back on for when all the DLC comes out). Not sure what I'll play next. Maybe finish GTA V and then it could finally be Mass Effect time. Or Black Flag. Or Shadow of Mordor...

I really need to get back into this.. but with Overwatch and Rocket League I don't have much free time

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I've got a spare key for XCOM 2 if anyone doesn't own it and wants it? Free to a good home.

Great game. I'm intending to play War Of The Chosen sometime in the next 12 months or so. Then maybe the new Chimera Squad that's just come out after that.

6 hours ago, TheLaw said:

I'll take it Dec if no one has claimed it? 

No worries mate, will PM you on Discord.

I knocked out chimera squad in 4 days so i wouldnt clash with gears tactics wich came out 4 days later. Currently 5 hours into war of the chosen and i have phonix point installed ready to go.

Chimera squad is a fantastic entry for people who havn't played xcom before. its much smaller in scale and design. Still xcom, but simple.