tricky

TPG to buy iiNet (Internode)

The ACCC did not oppose the merger between Vodafone and 3 Mobile (which both companies said they did not care what the ACCC said and were going ahead with the merger regardless) and that deal was far more "anti-competitive" that this.

Interesting to see if customer contracts have any clauses about what happens re change of ownership.

Because a few signatures on an online petition is going to make a difference to a 1.4 billion dollar business deal.

Being negative will also make no difference neither. There are rumors that optus wants throw money at iiNet as well, i'd rather optus owning iiNet over TPG and day of week. ACCC can still tell TPG to take a hike.

Because a few signatures on an online petition is going to make a difference to a 1.4 billion dollar business deal.

Being negative will also make no difference neither. There are rumors that optus wants throw money at iiNet as well, i'd rather optus owning iiNet over TPG and day of week. ACCC can still tell TPG to take a hike.

a ) he's being realistic and b ) you really want iiNet foreign owned? really??

Edited by Vulcan

Singtel may be foreign but Optus are unlikely to trash a quality network like TPG will and has done to their other acquisitions.

*hopes ACCC blocks the sale so I can laugh at incompetent TPG*

maybe I missed something

what's so wrong with tpg (short version please)

been a customer of there's for a long time and always been pretty good from that respect

maybe I missed something

what's so wrong with tpg (short version please)

been a customer of there's for a long time and always been pretty good from that respect

TPG = Assets, rubbish network, manila call center - Basically iinet will be gutted and internodes network ditched for a POS one.

M2 = Hardly any assets, decent quality network though, Melbourne based - it's a share bid = merge of both companies = keep internodes network.

Tricky will be pleased .... NOT! Update from the Motley Fool:

The unfolding novel about the epic battle between scorecard companies TPG Telecom (ASX:TPM) and M2 Group (ASX:MTU) for control of iiNet (ASX:IIN) turned another page this morning, with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) releasing its preliminary views.

The ACCC revealed it’s unlikely to be concerned about competition in the supply of wholesale transmission, mobile broadband and voice services. However, the regulator is seeking further information on competition impacts for the supply of retail fixed broadband services.

This suggests TPG may have edged closer to its prize, but there’s still much uncertainty. Consequently, both TPG Telecom and M2 Group remain on Hold.

Tricky will be pleased .... NOT! Update from the Motley Fool:

I'd only be pleased if I wanted terrible internet, but I don't do! :P

Australia's competition watchdog has raised concerns that the takeover of internet service provider iiNet by rival TPG would substantially lessen competition in the market and negatively affect customer service.

RIP Internode - 2015

iiNet shareholders have overwhelmingly voted for the company to be acquired by rival TPG, with approval by the competition regulator and the Federal Court the two remaining conditions before the acquisition can take place. RIP Internode 2015