Silent

Darkwinter (Rage's Wife)

Mankee (Friend of Rage)

SugarWolf (Friend of Rage)

Meekee (Friend of Rage)

When does it launch?

May 31st if you preorder (Headstart program), otherwise June 3rd

What's the plan?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I intend to build up a guild for Wildstar similar to my old WoW Vanilla-Wrath guild (Flawless Victory). 40man Raids and Warplots is a neat idea but will require a lot of logistical work. Due to the requirement of recruiting lots of members, having a stable teamspeak, and generally not wanting to flood the existing clan, the guild will most likely have a separate site, vent/ts, and set of rules more that are similar but structured to fit a larger guild.

If we can get more clan involvement, we'll try to offshoot an RTD guild... Click/See screenshots below!

R6tdWRJ.jpg

tOoUNNB.jpg

ChA68sw.jpg

Show me more videos!!!!

Pretty good so far. Except the questing GUI, needs to be more efficient. But i'm enjoying the rest of the game.

Here's another good video about mount physics which needs to be in other MMO's too! Dat ramping(1:40+):

Won't be my cup of tea, but hopefully the game goes well for those who are keen.

I'd say we'd treat this in a similar way to what we did with Minecraft - those keen will probably play together on the same server, and if it means some friends of the clan join in as well then all the merrier. It's probably worth those who are playing to be logging hours in XFire, as if the game is popular we can then add it to our social games list. But like our other social games, this isn't something we'd aim to be recruiting in, so a properly set up guild would probably be the best idea in the long run.

Whelp, it was only time. A player made a "real" skate park on their land:

I really do love how customizable player housing is in the game, second to none.

Open beta starts tomorrow 8th to the 18th. http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/ ... ing-may-8/

A house video - for those who dont know, housing is customizable. All the lamps, floors, trees, decor etc can be resized/moved any where on your plot. Thats how the hover park was made in my previous post.

Highly recommend to watch if housing interests you:

Found an ok video(bit dark and saturated) of a boss in a level 20 dungeon you fight. Looks and sounds epic:

If you guys we aren't sold on the game yet, check out this new dev video for the raids you can expect - this game is going places, i can't say that enough.

Sponty and i had a huge amount of fun in a PvP battleground. Hands down the most enjoyment i've had compared to WoWs offering (i've played to 2100 arena too)

Can't sleep, clown will eat me....

A post at half-three in the morning - nothing quite like getting in to an addictive game. Nice work.

I'll add Wildstar to the XFire list to see if we start clocking a few hours. If it isn't just a niche we could consider adding it to our social games.

Shrives - I don't think Xfire is a realistic tool to measure interest. It screws with too many games for me to use it, and when I am logged in, I don't see many others (in the clan I play with) using it.

That and I given the mass recruitment requirements and community that needs to be built around running a proper guild, not a whole lot of point in putting any effort into it here. Need to jump headfirst or not at all!

Adding something to our social list isn't about us jumping headlong in - like our other social games, it just recognises what some members play socially together (possibly even as part of another group). As I mentioned above, we'd probably treat Wildstar similar to Minecraft - members played together on the same server, had fun together, but we never did anything official with it. It was just recognition that the clan was socially active, just in a different game to CoD or BF.

As for XFire, it doesn't work for some, but others are just being lazy with it too. I'm not worried either way when it comes to Wildstar, but it's the best measurement tool we have in terms of actual hours going in to games. Even if not everyone can use it, it at least gives a rough indication of what members are playing at present and it still remains game independent.

More or less. And helps show the clan is still active as a group, even if we're not clocking up hours in our primary competitive game.

It generally picks up all games automatically (unlike steam) which is good for logging activity, I haven't really had problems with it since I turned off xfire in game, except for some games like wow and BF which seems to force the overlay on even when turned off.

Not to sidetrack a thread too much, but I wonder if trying a different Direct X setting within the game might do something (if it's even an option)? Perhaps using one that the game doesn't use? Strange for those ones that do seem to keep it on though, and a fair pain in the arse :(. Not sure if it could be conflicting with something else such as Fraps, Afterburner or maybe even ShadowPlay.

If you guys want to debate about the continued use of xfire, make a new thread please.

Found this guys house, he made a maze! (You can set your house to be open and people can visit you via the browser)

BJHs63c.jpg

If you're still sitting on the fence or under a rock(Jib, I'm looking at you) and not sure why you should even look at Wildstar, this video nails it's key features:

Now you can grind from the toilet with Steam Streaming !

Side note, Steam In Home Streaming launched !!

Didn't we announce the Steam Streaming somewhere? They have constantly been updating it. Almost tempted to get a proper keyboard and mouse for my HTPC.

I was going to totally dismiss this game but after a discussion with a fan of it I decided to look into it some more. The dude I spoke to offered me some kinda guest pass that he is apparently able to give after launch; so I may be able to try it out.

I was going to totally dismiss this game but after a discussion with a fan of it I decided to look into it some more. The dude I spoke to offered me some kinda guest pass that he is apparently able to give after launch; so I may be able to try it out.

Ahahahahahahahaha good ol Master Ventnor!

It's confirmed, this game's a fresh take on the MMO genre has swayed me into considering it as my main MMO. Especially after seeing the performance difference between this and TESO on my new house's pathetic internet connection. Though if I do get it I'm most likely going to play on one of the Oceanic-NA realms rather than Pergo.