MasterShrive

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

So the next CoD has been announced. Wasn't even expecting it, which probably says something about where the series now sits with me priority wise (along with the fact I still haven't played Ghosts).

But it does look like they're spicing things up a bit:

And some analysis:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/05/02/1 ... ed-warfare

I'm assuming though we'll have the same usual server issues etc. from previous iterations, so at best it might get some social play if the rest of it is up to scratch.

I'd already decided that I'll see what they say about the game first. It could have enough to make it worth looking at, but it'll really depend on how they set up the MP.

I'd already decided that I'll see what they say about the game first. It could have enough to make it worth looking at, but it'll really depend on how they set up the MP.

Ghosts MP was shite, BOPSII was shite, they went downhill after MW2. They should have stopped.

Loved black ops apart from the extra network lag that theatre introduced. By far the best competitive game I've played. MW2 was probably better but I like the faster run speed of black ops and I only got into COD around September on MW2.

Theatre mode was great fun. So much stuff recorded that otherwise would have been missed, with the added benefit of being able to see other people's views as well.

Yea that was good. Just hated the additional lag it put on you (on console it was wayyyyy more than PC). Came in handy a few times teams tried to WAP us though. Didn't help with a certain websites Admin team though.

While i agree with you there Shives on MW2 and 3, they still went down hill than, BLOPS 1 was awesome as, i loved both the SP and MP!

After stupidly buying Ghosts and playing all of 20 minutes of it, Call of Duty has finally come to an end for me.

I have every game in the series, but I'm sure many will agree with me, that since 4: Modern Warfare, it's gone to utter shit, with the exception of World at War, which was underrated in my mind, and Black Ops being tolerable.

Cya Call of Dooty :uzi:

World at War unfortunately started very poorly. It was buggy upon release and just didn't have the ability for proper competitive play. About ten months after release though, once they got the mods out and the game stable, it was pretty good. It just came too late to the scene and couldn't knock CoD4 off from it's top place.

That said, I didn't see any real difference in the play between Black Ops and CoD4. Both played well for me (in terms of gameplay and performance). It all comes down to the server setup in my opinion.

yes, i cleared out my entire series of Call of Duty. To replace W@W (eventually a well thought out and well finished game - after several patches) I got into Red Orchestra2 & Rising Storm.

I got into Red Orchestra2 & Rising Storm

That's an understatement! You sank 800+ hours into it!!

Some of what to expect from the MP: http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Feature/390947,hands-on-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-multiplayer.aspx Sounds like it will have a bit of Titanfall to it.

While it may be interesting, we are looking for a new game and it would be fun to get back into a fast shooter, I can't see it meeting the server requirements as per all the latest CoD releases.

The new Unreal Tournament is looking good for a fast paced clan game.

And for other team games I'm also waiting for Star Citizen, No Mans Sky, The Division and Evolve. Roll on next year :)

I'm not even going to dare hope. The bitter taste of MW2 is still too recent. At a guess, I'd say it'll be the same system that BO2 and Ghosts used, ie: crap.

I'm not even going to dare hope. The bitter taste of MW2 is still too recent. At a guess, I'd say it'll be the same system that BO2 and Ghosts used, ie: crap.

+1 to that