MasterShrive

Marvel TV & Cinematic Universe *Contains Spoilers*

Thor Ragnrok get on it! Funiest marvel movie out. Getting rave reviews and deserves em. Directed by a kiwi which probably explains a lot of the humor. Second fav marvel movie after Logan i reakon. 

Yeah I enjoyed it.

Was a good solid movie and fills in some nice holes to set up for the next avengers

MCU hasn't done much wrong lately imo 

Planning to go see it this weekend, but we haven't seen either Dr Strange or Black Panther yet.

Can I skip either of those 2?

I watched it on Anzac day and loved it but the cinema was packed and there was a chick crying about a few things in the movie, i did find it amusing that a few times when certain characters show on screen the cinema started applauding.

10 hours ago, Jibada said:

I watched it on Anzac day and loved it but the cinema was packed and there was a chick crying about a few things in the movie, i did find it amusing that a few times when certain characters show on screen the cinema started applauding.

Oh applause in a movie theater is such a pet peeve for me.

I can't stand people that do it.

In my years of seeing movies. Only once has everyone applauded at the end: Johnny English 2 - Rowan still has it!. It was pretty surreal, like out of a drunken stupor realized they're clapping and stopped a second or two after.

Just got back from seeing End Game..... holy f**k what an amazing 3hr masterpiece it was! Do yourselves a favor tho, take tissues.

14 hours ago, TheLaw said:

Just got back from seeing End Game..... holy f**k what an amazing 3hr masterpiece it was! Do yourselves a favor tho, take tissues.

Yeah pretty good Wrap up! 

Interesting to see where things go from here. Think we'll see a bit of a fresh start.

*spoilers, obviously*

I saw it last night (with a mate who had literally just got the Thor haircut from Ragnarok, so you can imagine his annoyance at Thor's current appearance). @Penchamus - FYI it was Liam.

I thought it was a very fitting conclusion to the first 22 movies, and to the character arcs of Iron Man and Captain America.

While I didn't really have any major expectations going in, I was surprised with the start of the movie where they found Thanos almost immediately. I kind of expected that to be half the journey. And of course, I think people expected the Infinity Stones to be used to fix everything... but not that they'd need to go and find them again. I really enjoyed the time travel aspect of this, and thought they implemented it seamlessly (while also including a heap of extra characters in the process).

20 hours ago, Noods said:

Interesting to see where things go from here. Think we'll see a bit of a fresh start.

I'm also interested to see where the future goes. The introduction of reliable time travel could prove tricky; how will they make sure this isn't just the "go to" solution each and every time in future movies? Or at least make sure fans aren't asking at the end "why not just time travel"? But I'm confident they'll figure that out.

I think we've also seen how they'll open up the Loki TV series. Very clever.

I'm not sure we'll see something like this again from a cinema perspective. It's been quite the achievement to bring it all together over such a long period of time. An enjoyable ride.

Yeah time travel part while was good in the movie, but kind of opens a can of worms with plot holes that can be hard close.

I had a few what the hell? moments, like how does Stark tech handle the power of the infinity stones when Thano's glove requires it to be forged from heat generated from a dyeing star? And how did they kind of magically jump from Thanos to Iron man. Also when the hulk used Iron mans Glove he got fried as soon as he put it on but then Iron man only gets fried when he clicks his fingers? Was actually a ton of these moments but most Marvel movies are really good at making you suspend your disbelief and this movie was no exception so its easy to to let these slide due to the other moments of awesomeness. 

Really liked how they wrapped up Capt and Iron Mans story arcs.  

Overall I agree with you Shrives. I watched quite a few of the old movies leading up to this and the little hints and end credit scenes leading up to a really satisfying ending is pretty amazing. 

11 minutes ago, Noods said:

Overall I agree with you Shrives. I watched quite a few of the old movies leading up to this and the little hints and end credit scenes leading up to a really satisfying ending is pretty amazing. 

Haha, yeah me too. I started by thinking I'd just rewatch the Avenger movies... and then I just kept watching others in a completely random order. But I'm very glad I did though, as I picked up a lot more (both within those movies and within Endgame). I finished watching Ant-Man And The Wasp only an hour before we went to the movies, which certainly helped.

38 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

Haha, yeah me too. I started by thinking I'd just rewatch the Avenger movies... and then I just kept watching others in a completely random order. But I'm very glad I did though, as I picked up a lot more (both within those movies and within Endgame). I finished watching Ant-Man And The Wasp only an hour before we went to the movies, which certainly helped.

Yeah Ant Man and Wasp was probably more important then Capt Marvel (which I still havn't seen)!

I was surprised by how Captain Marvel was used in this film. I did expect to see more and I'm interested to know how she would have handled Thanos in a straight fight.

Captain Marvel itself wasn't too bad. I think it's worth the watch.

It's interesting, as we were commenting on how seamless the de-aging is now in these movies. They have nailed that technology, which opens up a lot more possibilities too.

2 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

I was surprised by how Captain Marvel was used in this film. I did expect to see more and I'm interested to know how she would have handled Thanos in a straight fight.

She literally had less then 15 minutes screen time iirc. A mate of mine was concerned that she would show up and basically do her thing and that would be it, regardless i still loved the film, im keen to see where Phase 4? Will take us...  I think that's the phase we are in now

Yeah I thought that meant Phase 4 as well now; but technically the next Spider-Man movie is the last one of Phase 3 (I'm not sure why though).

Yep Spider Man last of Phase 3. Not sure why either, Maybe a kind or epilogue to Phase 3 and Intro to 4?

I was happy with limited Capt Marvel screen time TBH. Was and always should have been about the original Avengers wrap up story so I was glad it was. 

The whole Capt marvel movie was a con by Disney. Made it seem like it was important to End Game so everyone had to see it, when In reality I doubt it would have done the box office it did with out that selling point. The Character is not well known or loved in the Comics (maybe the same could be said for Iron Man before the success of the movies). Will be interesting to see how a second one does.