MasterShrive

Marvel TV & Cinematic Universe *Contains Spoilers*

I figured it was about time Marvel had its own thread.

So I went and saw Captain America: Winter Soldier last week. I really, really enjoyed it and it's close to top spot for my favourite Marvel movies. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it tied in to the first movie, and to the rest of Marvel Cinematic Universe.

But what really just got me excited was Agents of SHIELD. Just watched Episode 17 and wow. Not only does it tie in brilliantly with Captain America, but it had some huge jaw dropping moments. I don't think I've ever stared at the TV screen for so long after the end of an episode (not even with Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones). The writers across the whole Marvel franchise have outdone themselves in tying everything together. I hope they can continue to make it all work.

It's pretty good stuff. Marvel have said they will be releasing 2 MCU films a year until a confirmed 1028, and they plan to go until 2028 (i don't think this will work as RDJ has said that he only wants to appear in 2 more movies as iron-man and they are the next two avenger movies, and doesn't want to do anymore solo iron-man movies and i can see more actors following suit).

I feel that Agents is only going to have one season (unfortunately, as i am loving it). As of yet the show has not been renewed for a 2nd season and there are only another 4 episodes. I think it is going to be a repeat of another Joss whedon show firefly, where they won't realize how silly they are to cancel it until a few years later.

Also looking forward to the upcoming Marvel/Netflix Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist shows (i had to Google at least 3 of these characters). Small side note, i am more excited about DC;s upcoming tv shows expanding on the "DC tv universe" if you will. This includes a Flash which is a spin off show from Arrow. A Constantine TV show and top of my list "Gotham" a procedural crime show with James Gordon as the main character and shows the origin of Batmans more "grounded" villans e.g penguin, catwoman.

I hope they continue to maintain the quality of the movies and overall universe throughout the entirety of the MCU run.

I only just watched Firefly - I'll be devastated if they do that me again!

I'll be interested to see how DCs stuff pans out too - I hope they can successfully emulate what has happened so far with Marvel.

In regards to RDJ, I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced him as an actor in the same way that the person in the suit changes in the comics - if they think it will make enough money and they can make it work.

RE last night's SHIELD episode, I'm wondering if it's a bit of a set up - perhaps Ward has "shot" the other agents to get inside HYDRA, knowing that they need to infiltrate further if they're to really bring the organisation down. And if there's one thing we know about the MCU, just because someone is dead doesn't mean they are actually dead - so Hand could just be playing along to get Ward in to cover.

That, or Ward is in a lot of trouble when Coulson catches up with him.

Also, when Garret first came on to the scene, I thought "who is this guy, maybe he's the Clairvoyant". Then after a while I decided that was a silly idea and started to like the guy. Should have stuck with my gut instinct on that one.

have to say the ending of ep 17 was a major WTF moment :shock1:

would not have picked that EVER will be really interesting to see how the next couple of episodes unfold and really hope they don't cancel the show

Just finished episode 18. I have to say while i have enjoyed AoS from the start the quality of the episodes have really gone up. I am honestly hanging out for a AoS ep as much as a GoT ep.

Love the re-introduction of Gravitonium, and I suspect the introduction of Graviton.

I have Ep 18 downloaded, but due to some birthday celebrations I haven't watched it yet. This is my number 1 thing to do tomorrow, so I'll click on the spoiler then ;). By the sounds of it though, the producers think their last few episodes are going to terrific.

I understand why people didn't get into (although i loved it form episode 1) but it is getting very very good. Shame that it looks like it will be an one and done.

Agents of SHIELD has been renewed, as well as the announcement of a new Marvel TV show: Agent Carter. This takes place straight after the first Captain America apparently, set in 1946. I'm interested to see how it all comes along.

Just finished Agents of SHIELD. Terrific finish to season one. A great mix of story, action and humour. Very happy it is going around again.

Based on Shrivey and Blue's endorsement I have stuck it out and have only a few to watch to finish the season. First few eps were tough to get through and then it gets good, glad I did

Yeah I only got to the end of one, saw the flying car and my son and I sort of went uh? wtf? Might have to go back though after reading this thread.

Must admit I struggled to get through the first couple of eps, but there are some good plot twists which make it at times hard not to keep watching. But then IMO there were some average eps, thinking it might have to do with different writers being used for different eps

soooo many tv shows to still watch.... I just finished watching the latest season of East Bound And Down.  So wrong but so good.

Lol, i've seen East Bound and Down - not bad. Was pretty funny to see how Stevie ended up with Maria and those rat bag kids.

spoiler alert spoiler alert 

Dont worry you cant spoil it, though it was a nice try...Kenny Fucking Powers is unmissable

Just watched the first episode of Season 2. I was excited to see Zena... but disappointed not to see any of her signature moves. It looks like it's going to be a good season though, and I'm also looking forward to seeing Agent Carter when that comes out.