Duckz

General TV Show Discussion And Review

37 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

Like erasing Jeans Guy? :(

I actually haven't watched any yet - because I'm tight, I'll wait for the season to finish and then I'll resub. I presume the extras are also all on Disney+?

Idk, I watched them on YouTube

2 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

Also, Season 5 of The Expanse starts on December 15th, with a sixth and final season just announced.

Im keen.

3 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

Like erasing Jeans Guy? :(

I actually haven't watched any yet - because I'm tight, I'll wait for the season to finish and then I'll resub. I presume the extras are also all on Disney+?

You're the worst! It's the cheapest streaming service out there 😂

I agree with Blue, the Mandalorian is possibly the best Star Wars content Disney has put out, followed closely by Rogue One 🙂

19 hours ago, Penchamus said:

You're the worst! It's the cheapest streaming service out there 😂

Well yes; but I'm currently paying for both Netflix and Stan so I need to get the most out of them and not get distracted by Star Wars. I've also got Binge for free for 12 months via Telstra. And I've got shows on Amazon Prime to get to...

6 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

Well yes; but I'm currently paying for both Netflix and Stan so I need to get the most out of them and not get distracted by Star Wars. I've also got Binge for free for 12 months via Telstra. And I've got shows on Amazon Prime to get to...

I honestly think you save up some free time and then get the free trial and smash out all it has to offer. It may be the cheapest, but it is also my least used.

Once their Marvel stuff really gets a run on it could easily be my go-to streaming platform. Netflix is our only permanent one, in part because Sarah's folks are on it too and they give me free food every so often :P

If you have Stan and roll your eyes and the different levels of government always screwing things up then I recommend Utopia. It's by the Working Dog people (The Castle, The Dish, The Panel, etc.) and it's frustratingly accurate and funny. It's currently my go-to TV show.

Anyone else watched final season of Vikings?

Wow what a total let down - felt so rushed, like everyone had to be out of the building that afternoon, or someone ran out of money - especially when you have story that is drawn out over six seasons.

I'm trucking through it atm. It does feel rushed but that makes sense since it's the end of the show. Fingers crossed the new Vikings is good. The Last Kingdom is still going strong at least for a viking fix.

If you like history, alternate history, space, or just good drama, I definitely recommend For All Mankind. There's currently two seasons out. The premise is what might have happened if the USSR beat the USA to the moon. They hook into history very well, while making a few tweaks here and there. Sarah also thoroughly enjoyed it.

On 18/12/2021 at 3:43 PM, Jebusohmighty said:

The Witcher season 2 is out on Netflix. I'll be watching it this weekend. 

Have you read the book? 
If not, how did you find it? I am having trouble having an unbiased opinion because i am a book fan. 

3 hours ago, Blueberry said:

Have you read the book? 
If not, how did you find it? I am having trouble having an unbiased opinion because i am a book fan. 

I have read the books (A while ago now and can't remember a huge amount of them) and have watched both series. 
I am really enjoying the TV series and as much as it doesn't follow what I remember from the books, it still has the Witcher vibe enough that I am happy with it. 

Speaking of TV shows based on books, I've just finished The Wheel of Time season one and really enjoyed it. Haven't read any of the books as I figured I'd never have the time to get through them.

2 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

Speaking of TV shows based on books, I've just finished The Wheel of Time season one and really enjoyed it. Haven't read any of the books as I figured I'd never have the time to get through them.

I am assuming they are on "the list"

??

They're on the reading list. So is A Song of Ice and Fire - but again, I can't see me getting to those anytime soon.

So I put all the TV shows I had listed to watch into Google Sheets these holidays; if I watch one hour of TV every day, it will take me 15 years to get through my current list.

I also had about 170 movies listed.

So I'm booked for a while yet.