Jump to content
Duckz

General TV Show Discussion And Review

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, NevilleBartos said:

dont usually watch superhero stuff but this series is great 

 

That looks good will be getting on board for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

Nice, might give it a look.

 

I started watching the Apollo 11 footage that had been restored as well. Simply amazing. Really captures the full tenseness of the situation. Easy to take for granted now what they achieved.

I watched that on the weekend just gone, freaking amazing. 


as for The Boys, im 2 episodes in, and its pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post

Finished watching The Boys this morning before heading to the gym.

 

 

Was rather interesting, the last episode definitely had a plot twist that I didn't see coming. The character development of Anthony Starrs character was particularly interesting. Keen for season 2. 

Share this post


Link to post

Finished season 2 earlier today. I gotta say some pretty big plot holes i noticed.... but i enjoyed it but agree with Duckz, season 1 is better. 

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone given The Witcher a go? I haven't read the books nor played the games, so I'm curious to know if it would still be worth the watch with neither of these things behind me.

Share this post


Link to post

Definitely worth a watch, especially if you thought GoT needed more magic in it 😁

The books and games are generally fantastic, this universe is one of my favourite so I'm a bit biased but I feel the show did well portraying the characters from the books even with artistic licence leaned on a bit!

Share this post


Link to post

I finished the expanse season 4 in a day, couldn't stop watching it.

I feel sorry for people going into the witcher with no background on it because that show is confusing AF. I spent my Christmas day fielding questions from my cousins about things not explained in the show.

Non spoiler help to Understanding the show. None of the stories are chronological except for ciri's, the episodes jump years back and fourth. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm currently powering through Expanse. I'm finding this season very addictive.

 

Then I'll consider getting to The Witcher. Or maybe finishing The Man In The High Castle first. Depends which subs I still have on the go.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Blueberry said:

I feel sorry for people going into the witcher with no background on it because that show is confusing AF. I spent my Christmas day fielding questions from my cousins about things not explained in the show.

I don't know anything about the Witcher and I didn't find it hard to follow at all.  Once I realised the timeline was jumping around it all just clicked into place and I kinda like that it was done that way. Also means people (and me) will probably go back and watch it second time to pick up things they missed.  Overall I loved the first season and Henry Cavill is great in it!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Noods said:

I don't know anything about the Witcher and I didn't find it hard to follow at all.  Once I realised the timeline was jumping around it all just clicked into place and I kinda like that it was done that way. Also means people (and me) will probably go back and watch it second time to pick up things they missed.  Overall I loved the first season and Henry Cavill is great in it!

Don't get me wrong i thoroughly enjoyed it, but the whole time i was thinking that they did a middling job of explaining the world properly.  

 

4 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

I'm currently powering through Expanse. I'm finding this season very addictive.

 

Then I'll consider getting to The Witcher. Or maybe finishing The Man In The High Castle first. Depends which subs I still have on the go.

Season 4 of man in the high castle is the best season by far in my onion. 

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah if you've read the books and played all the games it probably falls short. Knowing nothing could be a blessing as I just took it as it comes.

 

Just finished S4 of Expanse and man that show just keeps getting better and better!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×