Duckz

General TV Show Discussion And Review

On 11/21/2018 at 5:47 PM, Phobos said:

The Last Kingdom season 3 is out. Really knocked it out of the park on this one. Best season so far. @MasterShrive

For those who don't know about the show (it's gone under the radar), remove all the boring filler from Vikings and you get this show. Non stop plot movement, every episode. Reminds me a lot about The Expanse but set in the 9th century.

Just finished at well - I actually watched all 3 seasons together, but ended up binging season 3. I found myself thinking I would watch the first 10 mins of the next eps to answer the questions in my mind but then it was the end of the ep and so on. Thoroughly enjoyed it but I do hope they go in a different direction for next season(s).

On 4/5/2017 at 11:40 PM, Phobos said:

If anyone is looking for some police drama, new season of Line of Duty has started. It's got Thandie, from Westworld this season.

Binged this ... thanks for the recommendation Phoby. I really enjoyed it

Also watched Bodyguard on Netflix - can highly recommend

4 hours ago, PistolKnight said:

Binged this ... thanks for the recommendation Phoby. I really enjoyed it

Also watched Bodyguard on Netflix - can highly recommend

No worries! Line of Duty 5th series is out this year and a 6th in the future!

Haha, David Budd from Bodyguard is the same actor from GoT's Robb Stark. I couldn't put my finger on it until after finishing it and reading the wiki. I swear they aren't the same person! Alas..

Since Vikings finished this week, if you're after more pillaging check out Norsemen:

It's a comedy/satire(?). I would say similar to The Office - dry humor etc. Season 2 just came out too.

The arrow part of the trailer(0:36) get's me a chuckle every time!

@MasterShrive I know you'll especially like this new show, Britannia. It's set in Britain at the start of the Roman Conquest. Has that great cinematic feel, Romans (SPQR!), Druids etc etc.

Edited by Phobos

I've added Britannia to the list.

Is Vikings finished finished, or just the latest season? I've gotten behind on that one unfortunately.

Norsemen is also on my list.

2 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

Is Vikings finished finished, or just the latest season? I've gotten behind on that one unfortunately.

This was season 5 that finished. Season 6 is the very last one. Hopefully it's worth the wait. This season felt really dull, imo. Ever since Ragnar died, just can't top the early seasons :(

Edited by Phobos

Anyone checked out Castlevania anime on Netflix?

Just finished season 1 (only 4 eps) 

One of the best anime's I've come across. Wicked story, love the animation style and good voice actors as well. Well worth checking out if that's your cup of tea! 

So what's next for those who have now finished GoT? Is there another great show only a season or so in that people think could amass a popular following?

Mmmm, for a miniseries. Chernobyl started a few weeks ago. Has the captain actor from The Terror. Solid so far! 

Also What We Do In The Shadows TV show is brilliant so far (1 ep left)

Edited by Phobos

Chernobyl is definitely worth watching, though wait 2 more weeks and watch all 5 episodes in one hit. Wish I did this, but I've watched the first 3 week to week.

+1 for Chernobyl. Finished it last night. I knew it was a disaster, but I did not know that level of detail. Very interesting watch.

Nice, might give it a look.

I started watching the Apollo 11 footage that had been restored as well. Simply amazing. Really captures the full tenseness of the situation. Easy to take for granted now what they achieved.