Duckz

General TV Show Discussion And Review

1 hour ago, Noods said:

Anyone seen the Tiger King on Netflix

If not get on it

This show is the definition of the George Carlin quote "When you are born you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in America you get a front row seat"

My lord you're not wrong. Sarah and I haven't finished it yet, but hooly dooly what a ride.

Edited by MasterShrive

On 4/2/2020 at 9:49 PM, Noods said:

Anyone seen the Tiger King on Netflix

If not get on it

This show is the definition of the George Carlin quote "When you are born you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in America you get a front row seat"

Cassie and I started this a week ago and finished it last night, good god the central US is a lawless place 😂

Watching this show has proven to me that Australia despite some flaws is in fact one of the best countries on the planet 😂

I just finished watching Everything Or Nothing on Stan. It's a doco about the James Bond franchise. Very interesting if you're a fan of the movies. I didn't realise there was so much politics behind the scenes.

Anyone else watch Informer 3838 on Nine? I watched it on catch up last night. I've been keeping an eye on this story ever since it broke in the media, but my lord it seems like they've dug themselves a hole.

Very interesting if you've watched and like the other Underbellies as well.

I've just finished the latest and final season of Homeland. Boy oh boy what a ride. Definitely one of my favourite series. It only took me a few days to get through as I just had to keep watching.

Spoiler

The last season was quite the rollercoaster and went nowhere near where I expected.

Oh, the president is coming over and it's all been successful. He'll have a nice trip. Dead.

Oh, they'll still make peace with the Taliban by rescuing their leader at the last minute. Dead.

Oh, the second in command will come around help broker peace. Lots dead.

Carrie will find some way out of this all so as not to betray Saul at the last minute. Asset dead.

Hell, based on how the show was tracking I wasn't going to be the least bit surprised if she did kill Saul as well.

A gripping and fitting conclusion to the story.

15 hours ago, Blueberry said:

It lost me in season 3. Is it worth returning?

Look, my personal view is yes. But you also know I'm easy to please.

Anyone watched Space Force on Netflix?

I found it quite funny and a good social commentary. Even Sarah enjoyed it.

If you have seen it, they just released some bloopers:

The Boys season 2 is out, but it appears Amazon is doing "weekly" episode releases for the current season. The first 3 episodes are out, I did some googling and managed to find a schedule of when the remaining episodes are to be released. 

Friday 4th September – Episodes 1-3 (The Big Ride/Proper Preparation and Planning/Nothing Like It In The World)

Friday 11th September – Episode 4 (Over The Hill With The Swords Of A Thousand Men)

Friday 18th September – Episode 5 (We Gotta Go Now)

Friday 25th September – Episode 6 (The Bloody Doors Off)

Friday 2nd October – Episode 7 (Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker)

Friday 9th October – Episode 8 FINALE (What I Know)

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-09-03/the-boys-amazon-season-2-schedule/

I plan to binge it when it's all out.

Amazon has the best exclusives imo right now. I haven't watched one that wasn't good. 

Anyone watch Watchmen?

Not sure how this snuck past my radar last year as I really liked the move. But only 5 Eps in and loving it. Pretty dark and weird as in some aspects, but right up my alley and definitely binge worthy. Also has a wicked soundtrack!

Edited by Noods

It damn well feels like that.

Doesn't help when we need to watch something to cross it off, and Sarah just wants to put on some normal TV! There's no time for normal TV - if it's any good we'll stream it later!

On 11/10/2020 at 7:16 PM, Noods said:

Anyone watch Watchmen?

Not sure how this snuck past my radar last year as I really liked the move. But only 5 Eps in and loving it. Pretty dark and weird as in some aspects, but right up my alley and definitely binge worthy. Also has a wicked soundtrack!

Did you finish it?

I think it is fantastic. I was hesitant to watch it but it had me hooked. Have not been as intrigued since Westworld season 1. 

On 11/4/2020 at 8:05 PM, Blueberry said:

Did you finish it?

I think it is fantastic. I was hesitant to watch it but it had me hooked. Have not been as intrigued since Westworld season 1. 

Yeah I did.

One of the best Series I've ever seen. Definitely worthy of jumping that queue Shrives

Entirely unrelated to that series, but it really bugs me that Netflix insists on having a 16:9 splash screen at the end, despite the entire rest of the video being in more like 2:1, so that Youtube doesn't automatically push it out to fill my entire screen.

The worst part is they do the same thing on the actual series, not just the trailer, so that plays with huge black bars around it! First world problem, I know, but it bugs me to no end.

That series does look cool though.

Man is anyone watchin the Mandalorian? I liked season 1 okay but season 2 is fantastic. Easily the best thing to come out of Disney since they took over the license. 

For me Id still Say Rogue 1 is the best thing Disney has done so far.

Mandalorian is good and really enjoying it. Only thing that brings it down for me is a bit of terrible acting from a couple of the support crew and an over reliance on the Kid doing cute stuff. Other then that I'm liking the Direction they look to be heading.

Spoiler

If they start connecting this even more into Clone Wars and Rebels with Ahsoka tano and Bo-Katan then this could really take off. Could Ezra and Thrawn actually make a return?

Last Episode was the best by far. Nailed Ahsoka and she is one of the best characters in Star Wars. Glad they tied up a bit of the mystery with the Kid. Thought they were going to just keep dragging that on and it felt like the series really didn't have much of a direction apart from that. But last ep has really upped the stakes.  Hope they follow up Ahsoka with Thrawn!

Edited by Noods

2 hours ago, Noods said:

For me Id still Say Rogue 1 is the best thing Disney has done so far.

Mandalorian is good and really enjoying it. Only thing that brings it down for me is a bit of terrible acting from a couple of the support crew and an over reliance on the Kid doing cute stuff. Other then that I'm liking the Direction they look to be heading.

Reveal hidden contents

If they start connecting this even more into Clone Wars and Rebels with Ahsoka tano and Bo-Katan then this could really take off. Could Ezra and Thrawn actually make a return?

Last Episode was the best by far. Nailed Ahsoka and she is one of the best characters in Star Wars. Glad they tied up a bit of the mystery with the Kid. Thought they were going to just keep dragging that on and it felt like the series really didn't have much of a direction apart from that. But last ep has really upped the stakes.  Hope they follow up Ahsoka with Thrawn!

I liked rouge one alot. Best vader scene ever, hands down .

The technology they are using for the mandolorian is a game changer. Could be what replaces green screen.

Not sure if anyone is interested in the behind the scenes of film making but if you are I would recommend watching behind the scenes stuff in it. They literally have the unreal engine guys on site changing things in the fly.

1 hour ago, Blueberry said:

They literally have the unreal engine guys on site changing things in the fly.

Like erasing Jeans Guy? :(

I actually haven't watched any yet - because I'm tight, I'll wait for the season to finish and then I'll resub. I presume the extras are also all on Disney+?