Duckz

General TV Show Discussion And Review

50 minutes ago, NevilleBartos said:

dont usually watch superhero stuff but this series is great 

That looks good will be getting on board for sure!

33 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

Nice, might give it a look.

I started watching the Apollo 11 footage that had been restored as well. Simply amazing. Really captures the full tenseness of the situation. Easy to take for granted now what they achieved.

I watched that on the weekend just gone, freaking amazing. 

as for The Boys, im 2 episodes in, and its pretty good. 

Finished watching The Boys this morning before heading to the gym.

Was rather interesting, the last episode definitely had a plot twist that I didn't see coming. The character development of Anthony Starrs character was particularly interesting. Keen for season 2. 

Finished season 2 earlier today. I gotta say some pretty big plot holes i noticed.... but i enjoyed it but agree with Duckz, season 1 is better. 

Has anyone given The Witcher a go? I haven't read the books nor played the games, so I'm curious to know if it would still be worth the watch with neither of these things behind me.

Definitely worth a watch, especially if you thought GoT needed more magic in it 😁

The books and games are generally fantastic, this universe is one of my favourite so I'm a bit biased but I feel the show did well portraying the characters from the books even with artistic licence leaned on a bit!

I finished the expanse season 4 in a day, couldn't stop watching it.

I feel sorry for people going into the witcher with no background on it because that show is confusing AF. I spent my Christmas day fielding questions from my cousins about things not explained in the show.

Non spoiler help to Understanding the show. None of the stories are chronological except for ciri's, the episodes jump years back and fourth. 

I'm currently powering through Expanse. I'm finding this season very addictive.

Then I'll consider getting to The Witcher. Or maybe finishing The Man In The High Castle first. Depends which subs I still have on the go.

7 hours ago, Blueberry said:

I feel sorry for people going into the witcher with no background on it because that show is confusing AF. I spent my Christmas day fielding questions from my cousins about things not explained in the show.

I don't know anything about the Witcher and I didn't find it hard to follow at all.  Once I realised the timeline was jumping around it all just clicked into place and I kinda like that it was done that way. Also means people (and me) will probably go back and watch it second time to pick up things they missed.  Overall I loved the first season and Henry Cavill is great in it!

1 hour ago, Noods said:

I don't know anything about the Witcher and I didn't find it hard to follow at all.  Once I realised the timeline was jumping around it all just clicked into place and I kinda like that it was done that way. Also means people (and me) will probably go back and watch it second time to pick up things they missed.  Overall I loved the first season and Henry Cavill is great in it!

Don't get me wrong i thoroughly enjoyed it, but the whole time i was thinking that they did a middling job of explaining the world properly.  

4 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

I'm currently powering through Expanse. I'm finding this season very addictive.

Then I'll consider getting to The Witcher. Or maybe finishing The Man In The High Castle first. Depends which subs I still have on the go.

Season 4 of man in the high castle is the best season by far in my onion. 

Yeah if you've read the books and played all the games it probably falls short. Knowing nothing could be a blessing as I just took it as it comes.

Just finished S4 of Expanse and man that show just keeps getting better and better!

I powered through the last two seasons of Silicon Valley over the last couple of weeks and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Spoiler

I liked the ending too, where they've achieved their original goal but also stumbled upon creating an AI that could break any encryption. It seemed fitting in the end that they then also had to pull the plug.

On 12/28/2019 at 6:56 PM, MasterShrive said:

Has anyone given The Witcher a go? I haven't read the books nor played the games, so I'm curious to know if it would still be worth the watch with neither of these things behind me.

So this afternoon I finished The Witcher. Today's mistake was thinking there were ten episodes, as I was going to watch the last two tonight. Turns out those last two don't exist, haha.

I powered through this pretty quickly as I really, really enjoyed it. I thought they did a good job of introducing the lore and the world over time. It took me longer than it should have to realise the timeline was jumping around (especially given Blue had already mentioned it above). But I also liked that aspect as it helped keep on the back foot and prevented things from getting boring.

For now, I'll consider adding the games to a wishlist and maybe one day pick them up cheap. Is there much overlap between the games and the TV series so far?

I'm looking forward to season two.

Anyone seen the Tiger King on Netflix

If not get on it

This show is the definition of the George Carlin quote "When you are born you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in America you get a front row seat"

Edited by Noods