Duckz

General TV Show Discussion And Review

Oh wow, The Walking Dead is still going? Seven seasons in! Did it get any better than the - what it felt like - 10 episodes of his son getting shot? I can still see it in my mind - in the forest. Ad nauseam.

Haha bp, good timing ! Now go, beltalowda.

It's meant to represent your absence from Rebels, Shrivey. There's plans of extending to seven seasons last I've heard. How are you finding Castle?

Edited by Phobos

Quite liking Castle.

Seven seasons - that impresses me. They seem to be doing a good job of fleshing out different story lines though, so I believe them. I hope it all ties in nicely in the end, whatever they go with.

And I'm only a couple of episodes behind in Rebels - I've caught up fairly quick.

Any one checked out Ironfist on Netflix. Actually pretty good. Little bit like daredevil.

I think that is the first positive thing I have heard about it. Everything else I have read has complained that it is boring and the fight scenes are crap

Fight scenes are not as good as dd but they are still good. Yeah ive head it had bad reviews but im generally pretty critical of shows like this if they are too cheesy. Im enjoying luke cage as well. My wife watches Arrow and the flash but i cant get into them. Find these netflix marvel ones a bit more gritty which i like

So your "to be watched" list is like your gaming list?

Never to actually be completed...

My watch list is probably the worst of all my lists actually. My read list is pretty bad as well :( .

See the problem you have is lists... don't make them :D

Also trying to maintain 3 lists is way too much, need to get rid of one of them, and the logical one is the TV list... 

My TV list is my most important one - that's where I keep track of each episode I'm up to... which is very important, given it took me five years to get through the first three seasons of Star Trek TOS, and I'm currently in the second season of TNG after another three years or so. I can't remember that kind of detail between weeks or months!

I forgot, anyone watching Black Sails? If you like pirates and booty (both types), it's an excellent show!

It's on the list.

I did try to use Plex once, but didn't really get it so never persisted. And as I watch shows on multiple devices, having the list allows me to keep track.

Phoby, I think I saw some very interesting teasers for either the latest Rebels or the finale. I'm not sure which, but I plan to power through the rest of the season now!

Phoby, I think I saw some very interesting teasers for either the latest Rebels or the finale. I'm not sure which, but I plan to power through the rest of the season now!

Nice, I've read that the way they're going to structure the future seasons is it's going to be in the background of ANH. Pretty cool idea. Especially since they're throwing in some major characters like Thrawn (I never knew who he was). The writing and visuals are really starting to pick up compared to previous seasons. The Ashoka vs Anakin/Vader duel in that temple is still a massive favorite of mine...the feels.

Another thing now that Rogue One is out, apparently there was an "Easter egg" in it about Rebels. Somewhere when they're in the Rebel base. Need to check it out.

See, Penchy - this is the time period SWTOR should have been based on. Not that weird 100000s years before that I know none of the characters.....except the Hutts. Same thing with Pokemon, the original 151 is Pokemon. Shush Sponty! :D

Edited by Phobos

Phoby, do yourself a favour and read the Thrawn novels. Even though they're not officially cannon anymore, they are an excellent trilogy and often regarded as the best stories in the EU (and the first mention of Coruscant, which GL then adopted for the PT). Indeed, they could have easily adapted them for the ST once upon a time. It is good to see Thrawn back though in a different way.

That dual was amazing. I'm thinking that what I saw a bit of a spoiler for could end up being just as good too.

Hadn't heard the Rogue One thing, but I'm definitely interested. I just watched the Rebels episode the other day where Saw Gerrera makes an appearance and thought that was very interesting.

However, lastly, I do think SWTOR is better placed where it's currently located. Far enough away from the movies that the writers (and players) can do what they want without mucking up official canon - but still tied enough to the same lore so that there are plenty of references along the way (including for KOTOR). It's also worth remembering that when SWTOR came out, the ST didn't even exist. So had they done it in the timeline around ANH then suddenly a lot of what they were referring to would no longer exist. Another game I need to get back to...

However, lastly, I do think SWTOR is better placed where it's currently located. Far enough away from the movies that the writers (and players) can do what they want without mucking up official canon - but still tied enough to the same lore so that there are plenty of references along the way (including for KOTOR). It's also worth remembering that when SWTOR came out, the ST didn't even exist. So had they done it in the timeline around ANH then suddenly a lot of what they were referring to would no longer exist. Another game I need to get back to...

Very true, it would have been a nightmare to juggle. I didn't quite think of that part.

I just miss the universe we currently have :( Probably why I enjoyed Rogue One so much. It had everything I knew growing up with.

Yeah I agree. And I'm really happy to see Rebels and Rogue One and numerous other TV shows and movies in the pipeline that will hopefully explore the general time period we know in more detail. It's a very large galaxy after all.

I found it in R1. It's when they're getting ready to leave for Scarif from the rebel base. As Jyn walks into the hanger, there's a call over the PA for general Syndulla. Would be cool to think Phoenix Squadron is there at the same time, gearing up for a mission. Pew pew!