Duckz

General TV Show Discussion And Review

Anyone keen for Helix? Starts tomorrow, double episode, on the Syfy network.

"The series follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who travel to a research facility in the Arctic to investigate a potential outbreak of disease. While there, they find themselves stuck in a life-or-death situation that could decide the fate of the future of mankind. Helix will be executively produced by Ronald D. Moore (I know there are some Battlestar Galactica fans here!), Lynda Obst, Steven Maeda and Cameron Porsandeh, and will run for at least 13 episodes"

So I watched the double episode of Helix.

Apart from a bit of cringe worthy CGI, it wasn't too bad. Something a bit different then what's on TV at the moment. Definitely reminds me of the classic movie Outbreak and the recent movie Contagion.

I finished Firefly yesterday and then watched Serenity. A real shame it didn't take off, and it sounds like some network meddling got in the road there. From what I've seen it had a lot of potential. Almost makes me want to watch Castle as well.

I might give Helix a look in - although I don't know what I'll watch next. I've got The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire near the top of my list, but I'm also thinking of going more Sci-Fi again. Might just watch some more Trek, give Revolution a go or I'm also considering trying a series called Dollhouse as well.

I use TorrentDay, which is pretty damn good.

Only downside is you have to keep a 1:1 seeding ratio.

Plenty of people should have invites for the site if you want one.

I was on EZTV yesterday...

Nevertheless, I use TorrentDay too. There's a thread somewhere on the forums about TD. My ratio is hovering around the 10 mark, with 50TB+ uploaded and around 5TB downloaded.

Archer is meant to be starting up again. However, Season 5 is apparently a reboot, called Archer Vice, which involves the same characters but a completely different setting where they're trying to sell cocaine? Not sure how well that will work, but I guess we'll see.

I finished Firefly yesterday and then watched Serenity. A real shame it didn't take off, and it sounds like some network meddling got in the road there. From what I've seen it had a lot of potential. Almost makes me want to watch Castle as well.

I might give Helix a look in - although I don't know what I'll watch next. I've got The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire near the top of my list, but I'm also thinking of going more Sci-Fi again. Might just watch some more Trek, give Revolution a go or I'm also considering trying a series called Dollhouse as well.

Dollhouse is quite a good show, it is a little slow at first and is rushed at the end because it got cancelled and they Josh wanted to get all the ideas out. I still thoroughly recommend it, especially if you are a Buffy/Angel fan, alot of the actors from those shows are in Dollhouse especially Eliza who played Faith is the main character.

Archer is meant to be starting up again. However, Season 5 is apparently a reboot, called Archer Vice, which involves the same characters but a completely different setting where they're trying to sell cocaine? Not sure how well that will work, but I guess we'll see.

Really? Huh, I love Archer, so I'm downloading it now.

May or may not report back.

I'd strongly suggest giving this a watch. It's a German 3-part miniseries about five friends during the Second World War. I've seen the first two episodes and find the character development to be quite brilliant, it's like a German 'Band of Brothers' in my opinion.

Here's the link to the first episode on SBS, it expires in two days though. Second episode's up currently, too.

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/10 ... ration-War

I'm up to the last ep of Generation War. Excellent mini series.

If anyone's interested in more German WWII movies, Before The Fall AKA Napola is another good one (has the actor that played Friedhelm in it). http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384369/

Same as me Phoby, I just finished the second episode.

It's an excellent series so far. Even though the episodes are 90 minutes long, it keeps pulling me through.